Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to Egg - Smokin Table

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Nice...Is that other one a Bradley?
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Jeffersonian wrote:
    Nice...Is that other one a Bradley?
    Backwoods.

BOB
  • Backwoods Smoker "Chubby"
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    MidwestSmokin, nice table. You must have some serious help building that thing.
  • Super nice cart. Lots of work but worth it. I'm building one too and I'm almost finished with it.
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Table looks good ! You might want to add the green feet under your egg though.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    I'll give MidwestSmokin's story (and I guess mine too) since he only took his first post to show off his awesome table. He is my sister's husband (so I guess we are in laws), and he is a serious griller/smoker/bbq dude. That is obvious by the backwoods smoker in the table there (oustanding cooker by the way). For the last 3 years, I have flown my family to the midwest to visit his family as we get along really well.

Three years ago, I was on the quest for the perfect steak. I had a horrible gasser, but MidwestSmokin had a very nice gasser. He made us some steaks that were awesome, but I couldnt duplicate them when I got back to Utah. By chance, I bought a Weber Kettle in Idaho on July 4th because I wanted to have a bbq while visiting some relatives. I was blown away by the difference it made. I bought a WSM a few months later, and I was in heaven. The next year that I went to see MidwestSmokin, I bought him a Weber Kettle the night I arrived. He was hooked also. He bought a Backwoods Chubby shortly thereafter, and makes awesome Ribs and Pork Butt on it. I found a used Large Egg around the same time, and have been bugging him to get one ever since. When we arrived at his house this year, I called around and found a Large demo egg that a local garden store used to get people hooked on eggs. They gave him 20% off and a warranty card, so he was set. We spent the weekend building the cedar table (pictures dont do it justice, I think it weighs 4X as much as the cookers living in it), but he spent the last two weeks tiling and finishing it after we left.

So thats his story (ok, mine too), I am just really proud of my one and only egg convert. I would convince him to get another one, but I know he is getting a Komodo Komado next ...
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    I thought it was a safe for keeping the lump in......
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Fantastice table, you will want to put the feet under the egg. I especially love the back accessory cabinet on the left.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Thanks Brother JABINNS. I know I am dealing with hard core eggheads here, but my Backwoods Smoker is also a thing of beauty. (Yes, my opinion.) The true storage cabinet is the $1200 Jenn Air Gasser that is going up on Craigs list. It truly has been a great storage cabinet this past year. I am looking forward to future posts, and learning from such a strong community.
  • Looking forward to seeing the table. Have fun with it.