Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A bright Idea that showed me how I llike my egg

Mahi-Mahi
Mahi-Mahi Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I left my egg when we moved and ordered the new XL
Well my dealer has no idea when they will be coming in so I got the bright idea of getting a inexpensive weber grill till it shows up.
The webers work find except it takes a lot of more charocal.
Second because I got the least expensive it has holes in the bottom and because I am on a lake I had sparks flying out the bottom. I also realized thje air control is a lot easier on the egg.
Third I realized that I had no way to read a temp but used my thermopin on the outlet to keep track of the temps. couldn't figure out a way to adapt my pro guru to the weber. Should of upgraded on that count. The weber got the job done and it works fine for what I paided I really miss the green egg.
I guess I did not know how much the green egg spoiled me for the ease cooking ribs.

Comments

• My neighbor was grilling last night and I could smell it and it smelled wonderful. That's when I realized how much smoke and heat he was losing. I just looked at my egg and smiled.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Mahi-Mahi,

Its too bad you had to leave your XL, hopefully a replacement will be headed your way soon. In the mean time, that weber will do you fine. Some of the same concepts are the same, try not to get too much fuel lit, or you will have a hard time coming back down. If you didnt get a grill with a therm in the lid, they are easy to install and only cost a few bucks. You could even put an egg therm in the lid ;) . Check the virtual weber bullet site for tips on using that kettle/wsm (wasnt sure which one you have):

http://virtualweberbullet.com/

Great people on that site, they can help you get your fix again :) . Good luck!
  • valrune
    valrune Posts: 134
    Leaving an egg behind must have been as painful as leaving a child behind :( . Hopefully the new egg arrives soon!!