Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woohoo Seattle Eggfest!!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was planning on flying to Holland for the Europe eggfest, but just found out it is out of my affordability range :(

Sooo...dang if that didn't open up that weekend for a trip that would cost a fraction of a Europe trip. Washington is one of the 4 states I have not visited, so will fly out early in the week and do some nature boy stuff for a couple days before the fest.

Who is going??
I'm stoked.
Chris
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    I'll bet my buddies Brian (swamprb) and JD McGee will be there. That's their neck of the woods.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • wannabebackinTexas
    Options
    I'll be there, Chris. Idaho is only 8 hours away from Seattle
    so I try to make it every year. Look for the green pop-up with
    the Texas flag. See ya' there!

Good eggin'
    -Paul
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Be careful if you go to Seattle! I have been to many places in the world and had a lot of fun, but it was always good to come home. Not so in Seattle. You'll never want to leave. It's awesome!
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Already eyeballing places to camp, and gonna be tough to choose where to go with all the natural beauty around.

Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • mukl
    mukl Posts: 66
    Options
    Sweet! We seem to get good turnout here...and now a celebrity.

How much DP can you pack for me? :)

Check the weather. If its going to be good, plan on getting out of the city...a city is a city...

Good weather:
    Mt. Rainier or Mt St Helens...either is at least a day trip.

Ever caught a salmon? The real deal, wild salmon, the very same salmon that we use RR or TS on? Let me know and I'll check the reports to see if fishing is any good.

Many others....

Bad weather:

Bringing the wife? Snoqualmie Falls Lodge.
    In the city, Space Needle, Seattle Underground, Pike Place to feel like a total tourist.

Let me know if you have any questions...I'm a Washington native...how do I know? I don't tan, I rust.

Mike
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Hey Mike
    Celebrity?....LOL
    No wifey. I'll be flyin' solo. Trying to get the missuz out to Waldorf this year, but she won't make Seattle.

Yeah, my Marmot raincoat will be packed, and I am prepared for some rain. By all means, I do not plan on spending any time in the city. I am hoping the eggfest will be my only time in civilization. Would love to fish, but I think I'll just pack my backpack to keep it simple. Whatever I can do with a car, my backpack and camera. Thinking get a hit of Olympic NP, and then a day or two to the east in the huge national forest. Would love to pick your brain.

No worries about getting rubs. The distributor putting the fest (AES) has plenty of dp!

Thanks for the generous offer to let me in on the inside info about Washington!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Have fun Chris it is beautiful there! But take rain gear. -RP
  • BananaChipz
    BananaChipz Posts: 207
    Options
    Work takes me to Seattle once a year. Great city.

I know you're there for an EggFest, but Do yourself a favour and go to the Crab Pot for the Alaskan crab feast, and definitely grab steak at the Metropolitan Grill.. I'm salivating just thinking about it...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Chris we went in Sept from Texas-they have TREES.
    Mt Baker...
    IMG_0775.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Sweetness.
    Dats what I'm tawkin about mang!
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks bro. Rain makes it all purty, so I'm ready for it. Will be cool to meet eggers on the far side as well.

I am thinkin I got a chance at out-partying them since they all gotta get up at 5am most days...just to keep up with the rest of the country. Whaddya think? New team hardcore for the far west? hehe.

Cheers, and howdy to Kim.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Sounds fantastic, but I'll be eating on the trail I think! Will have to save that for when I can drag the missuz out.
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Just be glad that Pat wont be there. -RP
  • mukl
    mukl Posts: 66
    Options
    Already done a little homework, I see.
    Olympic mountains would be awesome. Really, any of the mountains have great trails, etc. You can't go too wrong. You just have to be careful because the weather in June is so unpredictable in the mountains.

One last thing that differs the Olympics from the others, you can go from the old growth forest out to Neah Bay and see a coast-line unlike any other. And get in some GREAT fishing...in June, it will be amazing out there. Do a search on the coast-line of the Olympic Peninsula and you'll see what I mean.

I couldn't agree more with Banana Chipz about the Met...but I'd pass on the Crab Pot. Been there twice and was disappointed both times. For fresh fish, there are a lot of places to go. Just be sure to go with whatever is fresh...in June, it will probably be Copper River Salmon or Halibut.

For fresh crab...not so many good and affordable options...and I still wouldn't go to the Crab Pot or the Crab Cracker. If crab is a must have, let me know...I have a contact.

Keep sending questions...I always like getting quizzed about my own city, makes me realize I need to get out more.
  • Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Options
    Now that sounds a lot more do-able. I might just have to see if I can fit that one in.
    Washington has been on my radar ever since we didn't head there a few years ago.

Do you know your schedule yet?