Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Up slightly

Options
Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
Up about a half pound this week. :(

Total down since first of the year = 14 lbs.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    same boat here and dont know why, not expexting easter to help either but after that going back at it. :laugh: picked up a nice roadbike for cheap, hoping that helps when the warmer weather gets here
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Just be careful!

Saturday was the first time I have been back on a bicycle since my bad accident on July 4 last year. I was a little apprehensive, but we road for 10 miles and had a great time - it was a beautiful, sunny day in the mid 70's. :) (Sorry - ;) )
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i'll be getting a helmet. my last bike had lousy brakes, this cannondale is really a nice bike compared to my last one, dont know what all the extra gears are for though :laugh: it will be a while though, the streets are still covered with all the slippery salted winter sand.
    fukahwee maine

• Misippi Egger
    Options
    Great idea on the helmut. I see people riding now without helmuts, esp. kids, and I want to scream out to them to get a helmut. Senseless risk! :(
  • fishlessman
    Options
    worlds changed alot, never would have years ago wore a helmet. i remember back in 6 or 7th grade putting 40 to 50 miles on the bike regularly heading to and back from the beach, today i see parents not letting there kid ride moere than a block or two from the house :laugh: i already know im going to crash, just planning ahead ;)
    fukahwee maine

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    funny...just got back from skiing...make my 4 1/2 year old wear a helmet...my wife and I went to all of the shops looking to buy ourselves one....no one had our sizes, or only had ungodly colors left...

getting one more because I think of leaving my kids with a brain dead dad, than I really think I'm going to need it...then again I'm not as good of a skier as I used to be, though I still find myself on the same terrain....

Also have one for my mountain bike, though that is more to keep the branches off my head....

On the weight loss thing, 1/2 marathon training starts Monday.
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    crghc98 wrote:
    funny...just got back from skiing...make my 4 1/2 year old wear a helmet...my wife and I went to all of the shops looking to buy ourselves one....no one had our sizes, or only had ungodly colors left...

getting one more because I think of leaving my kids with a brain dead dad, than I really think I'm going to need it...then again I'm not as good of a skier as I used to be, though I still find myself on the same terrain....

Also have one for my mountain bike, though that is more to keep the branches off my head....

On the weight loss thing, 1/2 marathon training starts Monday.
    I'm also starting to train for a half later in May. Not sure I will be able to do it but I need to try. I've done numerous full marathons but have major ankle surgery and got fat...lol :) Good luck with your training. Where are you running it?
  • fishlessman
    Options
    no helmet for skiis yet for me. changed over to shape skis a couple years ago from my old long boards, wow, give me ice, used to look for powder, now i want the scariest trail i can find :laugh: these newer skis are crazy :ermm: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine