Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Folks, your forum ID can be stolen !

Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My ID was stolen by Tweev in the following thread:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=858158&catid=1

I have registered a complaint to WMK, but in the meantime, you should be aware that inappropriate posts may not be coming from the apparent member, including yourself.

I don't know how he did it, but you can see that 2 people were signed on at the same time with the apparent same ID. He says in his "justification" that I started it, but I ask you to look for yourselves.

I will not continue to post if people can't be assured that it is from me.

For proof, here is the member activity list awhile ago.

vi.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Dam, a registered troll :( :sick:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Gary, Most of us can tell the difference by the content B) DOW
  • That's actually semi-old news, which is sad. because fidel (i believe) brought this to our attention a while ago, and i'd thought the forum gurus fixed the loophole. guess not
  • giantwing
    giantwing Posts: 189
    it seems some village is truly missing an idiot.
    Why would someone do that?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Well, Tweev continues to use my ID in his posts.

Folks, I'm out of here. You all have been great, and I can't tell you how much I've learned from you. Hopefully, I've added to the forum also.

However, I will not participate when another person pretends to be me. Especially one like this Tweev character.

I look forward to seeing you all at the Texas Eggfest !!!!!

Gary

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    You need to stop posting period...95% of your posts are confrontational or antagonistic..you've done nothing but cause trouble since you showed up..you've managed upset (for lack of a better term) about 75% of experienced and respected forum members...and not one of your posts has ANYTHING positive to add to this wonderful community...I really have a hard time understanding why you persist...
  • has Tweev show us any Egged foods yet????
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Dude, we don't CARE. Just leave.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WessB
    I've seen him show his butt plenty...but it wasn't cooked on an egg.
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Not sure what the nature of the offensive or off topic posts were. But I would have thought that a forum on BARBEQUE would be safe from such nonsense. Jeesh. I work for a fairly large city, watch blogs, and have come to conclusion that anonymity has brought out the worst in a lot of people. I've seen blog entries (hey, one is devoted to my department's supposed conspiracies)...no matter what the insanity that is posted, I decided a long time ago under NO circumstance would I engage ... such idiotic nonsense. I think I saw a tag on one of this boards posters to the effect that you shouldn't argue with an idiot...anyone watching cannot tell you who's the idiot. Leonard Pitts had an editorial today about the corrosiveness of anonymity on internet boards and blogs. I don't always agree with him but he was spot on. Anyway, I just had to share my thoughts on this. Life's too short to engage in antagonizing people or anonymously attacking with the vitriol I see out there. Can't a forum on the use of a bbQ grill be a safe place to go and discuss grilling? Hey, if you want to bitterly argue the merits of a technique or product, go for it!

Well. That was a lot of non BBQ test from a newbie egger!
  • WessB
    Agreed and accepted..but occasionally a problem needs to be addressed....and is not always publicly brought to light how much impact it is actually having..but in reality you are absolutely right..this is a bbq forum and it shouldn't be a boxing ring...but it also is a forum based on a lot of members who are, or at least consider themselves to be, a family, and intruders aren't always welcomed with open arms....no disrespect at all intend to your reply..very well spoken I might add..
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Gary,

The earlier post was a different spelling of your handle, substituting a "1" for your capital "I" in Idiot. Now you show a Member list with 2 "Idiots" signed. Hmmm. That's a different problem and I am surprised that can happen. I don't blame you for being pi$$ed.

I hope you will re-consider leaving. I have enjoyed your contributions. Most of us have no problem telling which are the legitimate posts, as Tweev has yet to post anything related to egg food.

He will not last long, as I think most regular posters will simply ignore his posts and he will eventually go away. Just hang in there. :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I appreciate your thoughts! Thank you!!!
    A warm welcome!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Desert Oasis Woman wrote:
    has Tweev show us any Egged foods yet????

Only the one on his/her face...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Gary hope you do stay as I enjoy your posts and look forward to seeing you in Austin next month.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Time to limit the posting to registered and verified posters...
  • Identity stolen? The entire forum has been hijacked!!!!!
    How long will this continue? :blink: :huh: :whistle: :pinch:
  • Clam
    Clam Posts: 117
    Thanks.

Trolls should simply be ignored.

I enjoy Garys posts and hope he returns.
  • WessB
    which matches your every post...non productive, or helpful..but more antagonistic...take a more productive attitude or stop getting involved..
  • skwerl
    skwerl Posts: 29
    Please tell me I didn't join a high school forum. I signed up to learn, not to get involved in child like conversations.
    Is there another Egg forum out there so I can learn?
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    "CEO of Lifelock" made me LOL. That's the best thing I've seen on the forum lately, and from a troll no less. Thanks whoever you are!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    It comes and goes, most people here are more than willing to help. But you always have a few.

Mike
  • WessB
    This is cyclical..ya just will learn in time which posts to open and which to ignore..this forum is still the greatest resource of BGE cookin info that's out there...only personal experience will tell ya what names to trust..
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I like Tweev's version of Village idiot much better than the village idiot's version of village idiot. :P :P

Just Sayin
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i thought they fixed that, i know when the forum changed into its current format i was logged in and could use any handle, and i never logged in until just a few weeks back. i tested it with ron's handle rrp, and i know he would have reported it. and i hvae to say i know as little about puters as is nescessary
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Fishy -- i know a way to make any handle appear with a post I make, while logged in under my name and handle.

I reported it to WMK/WPB when I discovered it. They didn't fix it. Thankfully I only use my powers for good and not for evil.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    yeah, i could do it without being logged on, did it once to freak rrp out :laugh: let him know who it was with the next post. :laugh: it was really simple to do and i dont know if it was ever fixed, at the time i assumed it was a glitch with the compatibility of the forum and the aol that i use. aol acts differently here than other browzers, sometimes i need to change them to get things to work
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Deleted.
    Nothing to see here.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    From the movie The Untouchables:

Who would claim to be that who was not? Hmm?

I'm just saying... :huh: :S :blink: