Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Permanent nest for the Egg

valrune
valrune Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I presently have built a rolling table for my egg (which I'm very proud of), but I have to roll it out to the front of my house to cook.

100_1165-1.jpg
100_1176-1.jpg
My problem is that on overnight cooks I'm so worried that someone might mess with my baby, that I stay up all night. What I would like to do is build a backyard BBG station at the back of my brick garage wall maybe extending out 12'-15' or so on pavers or decking.
What I need help with is that I have no imagination on how to set it up. I don't need a fancy high dollar outdoor kitchen, but I would like to include my LBGE and my weber(that I have not used for quite some time) so I can cook low and slow and hot dogs at the same time.
I have seen some GREAT setups here on the forum, but I would like some ideas and what you would have done different if you did it again. I would like a simple yet functional area to cook some tasty eats!
I do appreciate any and all input from everyone on this forum, You're all a source of information and inspiration!!!

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Just start with a small paver slab and after cooking there for a bit you'll get a feel for what you may want or need in that area.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Table looks great..you can see detailed build pics of our tiki bar/ table on my website below...I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have..as far as do's and dont's.....plan on a space to add your second egg...that's inevitable...and you can NEVER have to much counter space..Enjoy..
  • skwerl
    skwerl Posts: 29
    Now that is one awesome looking table, you should be proud to display that in the front yard. A chain & a lock around the tree will deter people. :evil:
  • valrune
    valrune Posts: 134
    When I built the table I said "This will be enough space to cook on" ............yeh right, when I'm cooking I'm setting grill racks and plate setters on the driveway to make room for the next phase :unsure: .
  • Eggcelent table - very nice work.

Like Pat said - layout some pavers to define an area for the table and after a while you get an idea of where you want to go with the cooking area.