Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm trying to trust the egg

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not sure what's going on. No top on, bottom open. Yes it's snowing like the dickens here and a wet one. Wondering about the new temp gauge. Glowing in the belly like the Las Vegas strip. Gauge reading 225. Been that way for 45 min. Platesetter legs down, egg feet and grill then cast iron pan with experemential product in it. Just breath I guess.
Any thoughts?
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Molly,

If you have a floor fan it will speed things up.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Options
    I did.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I wiggled the egg and there is hope. The product did not slosh..whew. I'll post the final in a bit.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Joel
    Joel Posts: 74
    Options
    If you have a spare meat thermometer, you may consider removing the BGE thermometer and inserting the probe into the dome thermometer hole to do a quick spot check to see if the BGE thermometer is faulty. Good luck!

-Joel
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
  • SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    If you have a large piece of meat in there , butt, turkey , etc. your thermo could be stabbing the meat and reading that temp ... I have done it and you just keep opening things up and the temp never seems to react, meanwhile you are cooking the heck out of your roast / etc. Just a thought.
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • NU2BBQ
    NU2BBQ Posts: 98
    Options
    Are you sure the thermometer didn't go completely around once making the temp say 1000 degrees or something like that? Mine did that once and it took a few minutes to figure it out, thermometer read 250 but coals were glowing like the space shuttle on re-entry.
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    What are you cooking? Also the snow has to stop sometime doesn't it. Good Luck.

Patti
    Wichita, KS