Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mail order spices!!?

Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Along with bill and other junk, today's mail included an mail order catalog of seasonings! The company is Penzey's Spices. Anyone heard of them or experienced them? The have detailed description of many spices (growing, harvesting, preparing, etc). Prices seem reasonable. [p]Smokey

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Smokey,
    Great place with great spices. Can't lose doing business with them.

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Smokey, I seem to remember about a month ago, Nature Boy ordered a caravan-load of spices from these folks. If you don't see him chime in with an opinion soon, catch him off-line for an honest up-to-date assessment of their product, if you are considering an order.[p]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Smokey,[p]A realiable source for quality ingredients.[p]Spin

• King-O-Coals
    King-O-Coals Posts: 510
    Smokey, a few weeks ago I recieved my first order from them. Great stuff, and I have already checked off items in the catalogue that I will order when the heat blows over. [p]........no honey,,, I'm not on the BGE forum,,,,,,,,,, shhhhhh! I gotta go..

• Smokey
    King-O-Coals,[p]Just placed my order. Can't wait to try some of the stuff!

• King-O-Coals
    Smokey, I got a bag of Annato Seeds. You slow saute them in vegatable, olive, or sesame oil for about 1/2 hour. Strain the seeds out and store the oil as you would any oil. It makes a dark red colored oil. About the color of a red-velvet cake. I use it to rub whole chickens after brining and drying them. It is highly staining so be careful around clothing. It is used for the natural red-yellow color and pungent flavor for rice and seafood dishes. It makes a great oil with a subtle pungent flavor. and 8 oz. package is a lifetime supply. I also got a few other things like juniper berries, lemon grass, and ground Thailand Galangal. It's a relative of ginger. Very good..

• Smokey
    King-O-Coals,[p]
    I started with a few of the mixed spices (Adabo seasoning, Bouquet Garni,Bavarian Seasoning and Galena Street Rub). I can wait for them. If its good stuff, I'll be ordering more! The juniper berries and lemon grass sound really good (... is it to late to fire something up now ... just dreaming).

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Smokey,
    The juniper berries are a key ingredient to Cat's baby back ribs.
    JimW

• King-O-Coals
    JimW, don't tell her,, but that's the only reason I ordered the berries. I believe in her.