Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First "Za" Attempt (Pic Heavy)

Smoking Coles
Smoking Coles Posts: 230
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had my eggs for about 2yrs now, and just finally last night I decided to try Pizza on the egg. Turned out really good except I couldn't get the crust rolled out thin enough. If anyone has any suggestions for getting a thin crust, it would be much appreciated. After fighting with it for about 20 minutes I was frustrated and called it quits. I used the Publix Dough Ball and could only get the dough rolled out to approximately 10 or 11 inches. Every time I thought I was making progress, the dough would contract or start sticking to everything. Not sure if it I didn't let it warm enough or what, but it was a royal PIA. Anyway, on the the pics.

The Raws
IMG_0854.jpg

The Set Up (Pretty White Pizza Stone)
IMG_0855.jpg

The dough sauced.
IMG_0857.jpg

The Toppings, Pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and low moisture mozz.
IMG_0858.jpg

A little more mozz, and ready for the egg
IMG_0859.jpg

On to the egg at 450 degrees
IMG_0862.jpg

Closed the dome and had another Red Stripe. They were going down way to easy after my altercation with the dough
IMG_0863.jpg

View from above when it initially when on
IMG_0864.jpg

View from above 10 minutes in to the cook
IMG_0865.jpg

Off the egg after approximately 18 minutes later
IMG_0866.jpg

Close up
IMG_0867.jpg

The Crust
IMG_0869.jpg

Pie cut into slices and crust again
IMG_0873.jpg

Taste was fantastic, but the crust was a little thick unfortunately
IMG_0874.jpg

Overall, it turned out great and the wife thought it was really good. I would be more excited about pizza on the egg if anyone could give me some advice on getting the dough rolled out. Thanks.

Comments