Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cavender's Greeek Seasoning

skihorn
skihorn Posts: 600
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cavender's is one of my favorite seasonings and has been a favorite in my family for 40 years. However, my local Kroger and HEB seemed to have stopped carrying it here in Houston. Anyone know of a place in Houston that does carry it or a national chain that carries it?

Failing that I will off to order a case of it off the net. I am down to my last container!

Freddie
League City, TX

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Don't know about the Texas connection, but my friend here in Florida is from Pine Bluff and until about 10-15 years ago her parents brought it from Arkansas. Now it is Everywhere eggcept Houston. Great on many things.

Got any relatives or friends in Arkansas??
  • skihorn
    Yes, it is made in Harrison Ark. I was actually born not too far from there and used to have a lot of family up there but no longer. My wife's grandparents were even from Pine Bluff but after her grandfaterh died her grandmother moved to Texas.

My family discovered it in San Marcos, TX 40 years ago. For the most part we have been able to find it no problem in the Houston area. In fact, for a while my grandmother couldn't find it in her local grocery in Ark (Paris) and would stock up on it when she visited us.

This could just be temporary as there have been other times Kroger didn't have it and then it reappeared. It just got me nervous when I couldn't find it at HEB either. The HEB near us is mamouth and generally has everything.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Richard Fl
    I would email the manufacture and ask for a source in your local zip code.
  • skihorn
    Thanks Richard. When I googled it I found a case on Amazon. I went ahead and ordered it so I should be taken care of for several years. Fortunately, it lasts.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Richard Fl
    Used it today in some ham hocks, great northern beans, chicken stock and a few stray seasonings. The beans cooked 4 hours and ready for din din tomorrow with collard greens and corn bread. Before I met my friend 9 years ago I had never had collard greens. I am 65 and grew up in the Southwest. love that green chile etc.
  • bldrbill
    bldrbill Posts: 28
    Don't know if you have Publix in Houston. That's where I get it. But I see you won't be needing any for a long time.