Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Update on Mali's Lump

Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for your patience guys, those in the ATL who emailed me about getting some.
I finally heard back from the Restaurant Supply Rep today. There is unfortunate news. The shipment will not arrive in the Atlanta warehouse for another 2 weeks, and the price I was quoted is no longer valid. It looks like we will be at $11 per bag instead of $10(20# domestic). I will know for sure a few days in advance.
If anyone wants to cancel theirs, I understand. Just let me know.
I apologize for the extra hassle, cost, and delay.

Ron Baker

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Sounds pretty shady to me that someone would quote you a price, let you place and order, and then raise the price before delivery.

If you have anything in writing I'd tell them to honor their price or shove the entire load of lump up their ass. That's just how I handle things....I'm delicate and submissive like that.

I just hate shady business deals like this....trying to make a few extra bucks after the order is placed. What a crock.
  • Bacchus
    Fortunately I, or we arent locked into it.
  • Fidel wrote:
    If you have anything in writing I'd tell them to honor their price or shove the entire load of lump up their ass. That's just how I handle things....I'm delicate and submissive like that.

Delicate and submissive? :laugh: :laugh:

Go getttum Fidel :laugh: :laugh:

I like your approach
  • Fidel
    I get it, but I liken it to going to a retail establishment. Let's pick on Best Buy.

I go pick out a nice new LED TV and the price tag says $1599. I say, that's awesome, I'll take 3. The guy says, well, we're out of stock but I can order them. I pull the trigger and wait patiently.

Then the guy calls me and tells me the shipment is delayed and they will cost me $50 more. I'm not locked in, but I also don't buy any TVs from him just on business principles. I'm going down the street where I may pay that $50 more, but at least I haven't been lead on, strung along, and quite possibly lied to to strike a deal.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    I say..don't buy it...let em get stuck with it unless they agree to the original terms..
  • Fidel
    Vendors and contractors hate negotiating with me Frank. I'm not real good at sugar coating things, asking nicely, or allowing them to play their games with me.
  • Bacchus
    So I guess I will assume you don't want yours Rod.
    Thanks for weighing in Wess.
  • Lanier Jim
    Lanier Jim Posts: 505
    I still want mine! Just let me know...email or call the cell. If you need to add a couple more bags to my order, that's fine too...you cut my original order and pissed me off so bad - I had to leave the forum a while. :)

LJ
  • Ron,

I'm still in for 5-10 bags if you still want to get it. I agree with Rod though on principal. I'm one of those contractors that he was talking about, but if we bid a job, get awarded it, and realize we missed something, we still honor our price even if it means losing money. $11 is still a good price for 20#'s of good lump so I'll still commit. It's really up to you on if you want to still do business with this rep though. I appreciate your effort and know how frustrating it is to negotiate a deal only for it to be backed out on. Keep us posted on it. Not do or die for any of us though I'm sure.
  • Bacchus
    I'm looking at the net/net not the principle. I've been a business man for many years, andf have dealt with all types.
    I'm just trying to get a good deal on a few bags of good lump for myself and help some of my Egging friends do the same by coordinating a group purchase. I was only getting 4 bags for myself, saving me about $30 total. Ive made more calls and sent more emails for that $30 than I ever imagined.
    I am still going to get the pallet of 60 bags and pass it along at my cost, as I committed too. Worse case, I will have alot of lump in my garage for quite a while.
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Hey Ron,

I would be interested in trying out a few bags if anyone else backs out or if you have any extra when they get here.

- Barry
  • Fidel
    I didn't say I didn't want it. I just said it sounded shady to me like the dude is trying to make a few extra bucks on the deal.
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Fidel is known for these traits! :laugh:
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    I agree on the shadiness but I'll still take mine Ron.
  • I am still in for 20 bags Ron. Do whatever you think best. My cell number is 570-856-1383. email is kmock@sprynet.com. Thanks!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    I'd be interested too if any are available, especially since the only lump they got in, was that damn argentenian crap.
  • Ron, I'm still in for 5-10 bags.

-Atlanta, GA
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I am in.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • DrZaius
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DrZaius
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: