Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Table Plans

Roundman
Roundman Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey All,[p]Does anyone have plans for an egg table that they might like to share? I would like to build a table for my large egg.[p]Thank-you
Roundman

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Roundman,
    if you can hold on just a couple of more days I will post a few pics of a new table made with 1/4 aluminum sheet and all powder coated.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Roundman,
    There are plans at the Big Green Egg home page but before you start, you may want to review some of the ideas that Eggheads have come up with over the years. There are some really neat features built into a lot of the tables, and you can see them at The Naked Whiz's website. He also has a step-by-step set of instructions complete with photos. Even a novice carpenter should be able to make a table using those instructions. Anyway, go to The Naked Whiz's website and you will be glad you did.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz Table Gallery[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Roundman,
    In addition to the photos, here is a pointer to my FAQ which has links to all the table plans that I know about.[p]TNW

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's Ceramic FAQ[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Roundman, What is your cooker sitting in at present? I have a Whiz Bang (no pun intended) idear for a table setup for these cookers..of all types...Been stirring the dust in me brain the last week...I intend to build one. Its a dual purpose setup.
    C~W,,Thats Char-Woody...The Wayward Woodchipper..heeeee![p]

• Roundman
    Roundman Posts: 43
    Char-Woody,
    I have it setting on my porch on the three feet that came with the egg.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Roundman, I think I would reinforce that with one of those wood stove matts from Lowes They are a concrete imbedded matt and very heat and fire resistant. Or an additional cement pad. Cement will discolor your wood deck or porch.
    Or slip some insulation underneath. Or leave about 1/2 inch of ash on the cooker interior bottom. Its a super insulator also...Or set a large round pan under the cooker, and then the feet, and then the cooker. Fill the base with sand. Something to protect your porch or deck is what I am thinking.
    C~W[p]

• Joder
    Joder Posts: 57
    Roundman,
    I once knew of a Roundman from Okaloosa Co., Florida. Is that you?[p]I have drawn up plans for a table that I am building. I didn't like the Cypress table from BGE because it was too big and didn't have wheels. In retrospect, considering the value of my time, I should have spent the $299 and put some wheels on it. [p]I couldn't find any Cypress, so I'm making out of clear southern yellow pine. I couldn't bear the thought of making it out of green pressure treated lumber. Arsenic and BBQ just don't go together. It's going to take me a long time, because I want it to be longlasting and a beautiful peice of furniture - worthy of the Egg that it nests. [p]I have cut out all the peices and am sanding them to white and smooth. I'm still not done with that laborious task - it takes forever, even with my new Makita orbital sander. I plan to use Minwax Helmsman spar varnish on it. I'm going to varnish all the pieces prior to assembly because the end grains of the boards that will be inaccessible once it's assembled with wick water and cause it to rot. I'll have to revarnish the ends of the deck boards after the hole is cut for the egg. I'll probably sand and revarnish the whole thing after it's assemble. [p]I measured the BGE table at the store. The critical dimensions are: 21" diameter hole, 17.25" above lower deck. The lower deck was 15.25" above the ground. [p]I like my design. It's basically got two 12" wide decks each side of the egg, and a lower deck to match. It rides on 4 plastic lawnmower wheels that you can get anywhere. [p]I've got my plans in AutoCad format. I don't have a website, and don't know how to make one. I could possibly make Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) files to share. Does anyone know how I can post such plans? I believe, along with Ben Franklin, in sharing ideas and not trying to make money off them. Did you know that he had many inventions, but didn't patent them because he wanted them to be for the good of humanity?

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Regarding AutoCad drawings ...[p]You can save the drawings as JPEG files, if I remember correctly. Once that's done, anyone can read them just as they would a picture file. Photobucket.com is a free hosting site that you can link to from here just as you would any other JPEG file.
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    joder - I used a set of swiveling office chair wheels for my table, the kind with a 'pin' to mount and brakes.[p]I think they cost $13 for the set and have worked VERY well for a little over a month. Sure makes it nice if you move the table around the deck/porch very much.[p]Toy Man