Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - The Boat is Finished!

Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Several of you wanted to see the finalized restoration of the Norris Craft. Here you go and hope you like.

As for pics of food - well, done alot of cooking but we've been so busy at the company that I get home after dark lately...man, this work stuff is killing me.

Boy - she looks like she's running 60 sitting in the driveway
0218101745.jpg
0218101746.jpg

Hope you like and yes - she will fly! Fishing has been slow on Lanier lately...but the Eggs have been hot and cooking up a storm.

LJ

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Hey Jimmie, that boat would look a lot better sitting in my drive way.

I'd figure fishing would be slow anyway given time of year and water temp?

Nice pix.
  • Fantastic job, Jim ! That looks like new (maybe better than new) . :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Crappie gettin ready to hit down here.Any day now. ;) It will only get better ay by day til the spawn.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Beautiful job Jim! Please contact me offline.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    That's great. Growing up it was always April before we could start fishing the shallower lakes for crappie and walleyes. Had to wait for the ice to melt.

Albeit there was always ice fishing...burrrrrrr...didn't have the creature comforts in the 50's and 60's folks have today. All I had was a plastic bucket, coleman lantern, a spud bar, pole and bait. We didn't know it was cold. :laugh:
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Good job on the boat Jim,I have a ranger 394 and love the ride.Just recently upgraded to a 4 stoke and it purrs nice and soft.If you ever hit Socal I would love to show you Diamond Valley -lots of big bass.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    That boat is a beauty. Nice job Jimbo!
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    nice looking job, i like the old boats better than the new ones, especially restored back to new. i would take that over my brothers tracker anyday. B) no speed for me though, i average 2.2mph on the water :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Nice job Jim, Lanier used to be a hot crappie lake, still so? -RP
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    was looking at the od on my 4 wheeler the other day while fishing, im coming up on a hundred hours on the wheeler and im still under 200 miles on that thing. B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nice job! let's see some action photos when you get it in the water...rr
  • Yep - fishing is about to get going on lanier - stirpers hitting decent right now but the spots are a bit cold unless you can a big school of them in deep water. Crappie isn't far off but the wter temp is still hovering in the high 40's low 50's.

A couple of test runs with her and she is one solid little machine. Topped out at 58 mph but shooting for 60 with some additional prop work. Keep in mind that it's only a Evinrude 100 on the back of her but boy she jumps out of the hole and gets up on the pad fast. When fishing - the sponsons keep her very stable and you're sitting right on the water

Buffed out great...shines like a new one! All new wiring - carpet - upgraded switches - etc. Wife can't believe how she turned out. Now - if I can only find a early 70's Ford Bronco...the old style...in a blue or white. Hmmmmmmm ----Cha Ching! :laugh:

Thanks for the comments - I'm sure proud of her.

LJ
  • The 394 is a big boat...should ride like your sitting on your couch. Boy - you put down some cash for a big 4-stroke...but they are nice and will last you forever. If I ever get to SoCal - you're on...I've heard all about the big bass in California...you guys have something in the water out there. :)

LJ
  • ahh the old johnson'/evinrude V4s... they run FOREVER.

i've owned a few... now that i have a computerized yamaha though I don't miss the carbed 2stroke days.

1 touch of the key and off we go.

that boat sure is pretty though...what is the paint, awlgrip?
  • Not sure about paint but company up the road that sold me the stuff to buff it out with said it was the original gelcoat. That stuff had sand or something gritty in it...talk about bringing back the color...wow!

Got to give some props to the wife. She was a trooper and.....well...she buffed the heck out of the thing...top, sides, etc...while I was rewiring - replacing all screws and nuts with stainless - carpet...I came up for air and that girl had most of it done! Got to love a woman that jumps in with both feet and never looks back. The hardest part was putting everything back on! We had taken off every piece of hardware to buff. Now let me say...

I did do a ton of remodeling around the house and still owe her an extension on the deck! :laugh:

Thanks folks - I'll get some pics on her running and fishing soon. Next is the trailer...when it's done, the thing will be a show piece. Bidding for her opens at $7500 :)

LJ