Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Triple Crown of Egging

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]Somewhat of a rainy midwestern weekend but teh weather broke for us just perfectly on Saturday afternoon and evening so we could have my sons 3 year old birthday party outside. Just a small get together of a couple of his friends and some parends and inlaws. The egg started out by cooking some skewered potatoes and Vadaila onions. Then, I warmed up the egg a bit and cooked an appetizer pizza with roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, fresh spinach and tomatoes, and misc cheese. Its awesome and yes, the kids loved it also. Then I shut down the egg for about 15 minutes, got the temp to about 300 and by that time it was ready to start cooking the brats and hot dogs. They came off just fine and then I let the egg get up to searing temps and threw on some burgers. It was fun to time things on the egg like that, never done 4 different things and it worked flawlessly. Not all of us are as lucky as Dr. Chicken to have, what was it Doc, 27 eggs going at one time? hehehe[p]After all of that cooking it was time to have a few adult beverages and we proceeded to kill a 5 gallon keg of an awesome homebrewed lager that I just tapped into. The kids were all asleep or gone by this time and it was time for the remaining adults to relax. We did and just about the time we were ready to call it an evening the rain started back in. Great timing all around.[p]Troy

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    sprinter,
    No, it was only 4 at one time! But, it seemed like 27 a couple of times! :^)))) Lots of fun and it sure made everything smell goooooood! Now I've got to break-in my brother-in-law and sister-in-law on the finer points of Egg cookin'! If what I think happens, my sister-in-law's sister will have an Egg shortly, if they sell the things in Delaware! (A little dig for Tim M in Virginia!) She was quite impressed with the "Egged results"! (Show me someone who isn't!) I don't know how we'll work out the break-in period for her! We'll figure it out![p]Have a good one Troy![p]Dave

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,[p]I'm sure you'll figure it out Doc. I'm still up for adoption so whenever you get the hankerin for a few more eggs in the family, keep me in mind.[p]Still tryin' to dry out after about 8 inches of rain this weekend...[p]Troy
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    sprinter,[p]awesome.