Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WileCoyote - Starter Kit - Much thanks!

Options
BBQMaven
BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WileCoyote
Got in from this weeks trip on Friday and found your package had arrived. Couldn't wait to give it a try. Stirred the used lump, added some new to the top, and lit using your method (and kit!!).

WOW- at night the fireball is amazing! :ohmy: That alone is worth the show!!!!

Thank you for making this forum just what it is - a great place to meet people, learn how to enjoy cooking, and always interesting learning (and entertainment.)
Kent Madison MS

Comments

• gsgentry
    gsgentry Posts: 128
    Options
    I have to agree... I like this setup so far. I used it 2 times and have been very happy with it. Seems so simple and easy to me which I enjoy. Of course I did it during the day and didn't see any fireball show. I was able to finally get my first flashback though. LOL My own fault no doubt and had nothing to do with the kit.

Thanks every so much for offering this kit to us!!
  • otisdog
    otisdog Posts: 187
    Options
    Thanks much WileCoyote,

I got the kit Friday and used it this morning. Worked great. Folks like you are what makes this forum great.

Ed
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Thanks also from me. I got the kit in the mail Friday. I'll try it out on my cook tonight.

It was very generous of you to send those out at your expense. I appreciate it!

Richard
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    Glad to hear it and happy to help my fellow forum members. A forum is worthless without contributions from everyone and I have learned a lot from all the great posts, photos, links, reviews, and recipes on this site. So it was no big deal for me for spend some cash to help people out. For less than $3 per kit I was able to make 50 people happy and give them a better way to light the egg, and I expect many of those people will share the tip with others so the total benefit was much larger than our small group. Happy eggin' and stay safe!

WileE
  • Ricklesss
    Options
    WileE,
    I sent you a "personal e-mail" through the forum, but just want to make sure you receive it.
    THANKYOU.
    I completely agree about the comment about " without contributors, a forum is worthless".
    This forum/family certainly isn't worthless.
    Everybody seems to give in a way that they can.
    Which makes it both interesting as well as diverse.
    I will pick up a bottle of Iso today or tomorrow.
    (And be sure to light it after dark!)

Oh, I was just thinking, this past weekend I went to the Fornobravo.com Expo down by Monterey.
    (For Pizza/bread people, DEFINITELY check out their forum) and I met a fellow egghead, and am making and sending him for free a "wiggle stick" (Hi John!)

It's what (SHOULD) make the world go round'!
    Thanks again!!!
    RicklesssssssssssS