Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SAC.....National Security, and the Big Green Egg !!

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To all Texas Bound Eggers....[p]I was contacted this afternoon(on the supersecret red phone) by a top official from the Strategic Air Command in Colorado.[p]They informed me ...."They have learned I planned to attend a gathering reportedly refered to as an "Eggfest" somewhere in an undisclosed location in the Texas Hill Country. [p]They conteded that "there have been reports a similair event took place, close to our Nation's capitol... a few weeks ago!!" Government Agents were dispatched to monitor the event,where they reported..."Animal flesh was routinely sacraficed" and many "Zombie like Characters" were observed hovering around these Orb-like, smoking devices...in a manor the Agents characterized as "a sort of Worship"!![p]Due to the proximity of the White House, and the President's Crawford Residence to these strange gatherings....I was also told "The Secret Service and Stratigic Air Comand will monitor the weekend's activities closely'!![p]Please....in the Name of National Security....Be careful!!I am relatively certian that there may be infiltrators among us this weekend. Along with the Pass Code for the Gate...GrillMeister will also be giving out the "Secret Handshake" to be used by all True
Believers.[p]See you there...[p]Chubby[p][p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Chubby,
    You left out one of the observations from that strange gathering near Washington. A suspected spy was seen trying to signal aircraft by wearing some special sort of white flag on his head. Sattelite photos were blurry but it seemed to say "Nkdwhz" or something similar on it. The FBI is presently trying to locate this individual to clarify the meaning of the secret message.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Chubby
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Actually....I was questioned at length by the "Shadow Company"...concerning any link between myself...and anyone "Naked", refering to themselves in the "third person" .[p]Let it be known....They didn't break me!![p]Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Actually....I was questioned at length by the "Shadow Company"...concerning any link between myself...and anyone "Naked", refering to themselves in the "third person" .[p]Let it be known....They didn't break me!![p]Chubby
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Chubby,
    On a serious note, (ha!) as I was driving up to Baltimore after I left Eggfest, I drove past some NSA facility on the Wash/Balt Parkway. I had a GPS hooked up to my laptop and I was tracking right along the highway. When I got close to this NSA building, WHAM!, all of a sudden I was tracking about 200 yards to the east of the highway. As I passed by, I slowly returned to the highway. Hmmmmmmmm.....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chubby, Ya'll are plum dang funny, LOL

• Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    If I remember right, that is so that a bomb doesn't asplode if it was hooked up with a GPS type detonator.[p]Matt.

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]That's not just "some NSA facility," that's NSA HQ!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chubby,
    SAC went away back in something like 94. The nations nukes (and other non conventional weapons) (Navy or Air Force) are now under the command of each service like always but now if they are needed they instantly become STRATCOM (joint command) assets. I spent 10 years in the HQ building at Offutt (It's in Nebraska, not Colorado). The first few years were SAC and the rest were STRATCOM.[p]I still remember the motto... War is our profession, peace is our product.[p]Just being nit-picky. Have a great weekend
    Matt.

• Chubby
    Options
    South O,[p]Suuuure!! That's what they want you to believe!! But I've got my attic lined with aluminum foil....and the Shadow People are after what I know!![p]Chuckle thinge!![p]Chubby
  • FlatEric
    FlatEric Posts: 56
    Options
    Chubby,
    Where is Dongle when you need him????

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    FlatEric,
    Now THAT is the most astute question I have seen today! LOL![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • FlatEric
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    He must be on Crack! ......Man i need the weekend to get here soon, just got some fire bricks at the brickyard, and trying them out tonight/tomorrow morning with a low and slow on the small. anything i need to know about indirect with firebricks on a small???

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    FlatEric,[p]If those are full, normal sized bricks you may need to split those puppies in half widthwise, so they end up staying brick size, but thinner, if I'm describing it correctly...otherwise, they're too thick to then add a drip pan, v-rack and meat and still get the dome closed.[p]We also split some to use as the "risers" that lifted a second grate to the opening level, but they're not always steady, so we eventually ended up making a raised grid with stainless steel nuts, bolts, and washers.[p]Another word of caution, splitting the bricks eats up saw blades and generates lots of dust...be sure to wear a mask and have xtra blades around when you do it.[p]If you're lucky, you got "splits" from the brickyard and not full sized ones, but we were not fortunate to find them here in our area and had to do it ourselves.[p]Other than the thickness of the brick, you should be good to go. The small does indirect just as well as the others...[p]Have fun,
    Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    One more word of advice, fill the small up with lump all the way to the top of the firebox and almost up to the top of the firering. The last butt we did on our small was 8 lbs and went over 16 hrs on one load of lump....[p]Have fun,
    Tonia
    :~)

• FlatEric
    Options
    QBabe,
    thanks for the words of advice. The bricks are whole..... on my way home to see how it takes me to destroy a tile saw....

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
    Chubby,
    Got one of these?

[ul][li]Protection [/ul]
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]truth be known the FBI may be able to find our cult members but they sure as hell can't find Muslim extremists or their ass using both hands! Long live the Cult of The Big Green Egg!
    Down with non-believers!

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]Is there a map outside with a sign that says "You are here. We are not." ???[p]Heee,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    ExtendedBrickSetup.jpg
    <p />FlatEric,
    You don't need to saw them. A simple brick chisel and hammer will do the trick mighty nicely. Score a line and wack away. For indirect "legs" I like to split a full sized brick into 3 pieces. Works great.[p]Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    QBabe,
    I've got some saw blades I can sell ya! And a specialized dust collection system for you saw!
    Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ