Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good Lump CHEAP in Nashville TN

WileECoyote
WileECoyote Posts: 516
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have a group of eggers in the Nashville area that are pitching in to split a large order of Wicked Good Charcoal. This is the Weekend Warrior blend which comes in 22 lb. bags with 60 bags per pallet. We are ordering several pallets direct from WGC and they will ship our order to a commercial loading dock in the Nashville area. We meet up to distribute the bags locally and people have come from as far as Memphis, Knoxville, Kentucky, and Alabama to participate. We split the cost evenly and nobody makes any profit. We just save money by ordering in bulk. We have done this several times before and it always works out great.

We won't know our actual price per bag until we confirm how many pallets are needed and we get a firm price quote from WGC but the price is always a LOT cheaper than buying mediocre brands at your local discount store. I used to buy Cowboy at Lowes or Royal Oak at Walmart but this deal is at least 20% cheaper than those prices and the lump is the best you can get. It is also a lot cheaper than buying individual bags from your local dealer or placing small orders with WGC directly.

I have already sent an email to about two dozen people that have participated in our previous orders and most of them are members of this forum. We already have enough for the first pallet and responses are still coming in. If you did not already get my email and you are interested in participating in our group purchase then just reply to this thread or send me a private message via the forum. Orders must be confirmed by Sunday 1/24 and then we will place our order with WGC on Monday. It usually takes about a week for delivery and we are flexible on pick up time.

Comments

• Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    I'm in....e-mail sent.
  • Wow. Fast response via email. We are already up to 2 pallets and counting with only one third of the people responding so far. It looks like we might get up to 3 or 4 pallets this time, and if so then the price should be even lower. I will update this thread once the order is finalized.
  • I bought my first bag yesterday at my BGE dealer on the Mississippi Coast. Never tried it before. Seems like it was 20 bucks for a 22 lb bag. Anxious to try it, why is it so much better?
  • Brief Update:

We have 11 buyers for a total of 133 bags as of right now. We are still waiting to hear back from 8 people via email and 4 others might increase their orders so we will probably be close to 3 pallets, maybe even 4 pallets if the last batch of people order a lot.
  • Another update:

Our total group size is up to 22 members and still growing. Lots of eggers in the Nashville area for sure. We have 13 members committed to ordering on this batch. 160 bags are already sold so we just need to sell 20 more bags to fill out our 3-pallet order. We should have that sold in the next day or two and be ready to place the order with WGC. If you did not already place your order then PM me to get in before the last bags sell.
  • Our order has been finalized. We are getting 3 pallets - 180 bags total. We have 22 people in our local group with 14 ordering at this time. I have sent pricing, payment, and delivery info to everyone via email.

If you missed out on our Nashville group order this year but want to join us for future orders then just send me a PM or reply to this thread and we will add you to the group.

We will probably order again in the early spring or summer of 2011 but we may order sooner depending on how fast everyone runs out. These eggs are addicting for sure so the lump does go fast. Happy eggin!
  • Final Update:

Our local group is up to 30 members now - most of them are forum members or will be soon. Our latest order was for 180 bags (3 full pallets). Lee Ann at WGC provided awesome service as usual and managed to get the lump delivered early despite the huge NE snow storms. Almost everyone picked up their bags today and the remainder will be delivered tomorrow. Another successful group purchase and we already have a waiting list building for the next order which will probably be in a year or so. We will probably have enough to get 4-5 pallets by then, maybe even a whole truckload!

Now I can get back to cooking up more wonderful things on the egg, and convincing more of my friends to buy eggs as well. This is a dangerous and addicting hobby for sure.

:)