Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Cooks

Options
Dave in So Cal
Dave in So Cal Posts: 603
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had family over for Super Bowl Sunday, so it was not going to be anything fancy. I decided to try a couple things I had not done before on the BGE.

First, I had not done BB ribs before. All my cooks were spares. Used DD and Swamp Venom for rub. I cooked them indirect at 225-250 for about 4.5 hours, and let everyone put on their own sauce. They were a bit overdone, but tasted good.

I also made some fresh salsa with some jalepeno peppers and white onion roasted on the BGE. Added tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. It was very good and had a nice kick to it.

The highlight of the cook by far was some stuffed anaheim chilis. I made the stuffing out of queso fresco, black beans, green onion, and red bell pepper. Sprinkled the top with grated colby / jack cheese and pepper. Roasted on raised grid at about 350 for 20 minutes. They turned out great. Thanks to all who made suggestions for peppers last week.

Here are the raws.

cGVwcGVyczEuanBn.jpg

And the finished product.

cGVwcGVyczIuanBn.jpg

Comments