Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you think he wants to come inside?

Options

Comments

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    No. He wants some lump and a starter cube ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    No, he definatly needs some loving!! Warm him up with some hot lump!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    that's what I wondered about this guy too...
    IMG_1001.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    LOL! Dude, I use to live outside MPLS in Champlin near the river. That is just enough snow to call a "dusting." Go outside, brush it off, and fire that puppy up! Besides, my son lives in MPLS still and I am trying to convince him that he can grill in 3 ft of snow....
  • LoneStarEgg
    Options
    I see that he is suffering through a round of global warming... :whistle:
  • ViennaJack
    Options
    Not to worry - he hangs out by the deck door all winter and gets plenty of use. He's been dusted off and made ready with lump, grilled pork tenderloin going on in about an hour.

I hear ya on MPLS. We don't usually get this kind of snow here in NoVA. It's been real, it's been fun, but I think I'm done.

Jack
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    LOL! I hear you! After living in MPLS and then the Poconos (worked in North Jersey, just outside NYC) I had enough of the snow and ice. Now I am in Atlanta and having to get use to cold and wet. Tomorrow, I look for jobs in Miami!
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Hey Jack,
    That's my egg and table under the snow. I'm half way to rescuing the med and mini. Hope to see them tomorrow.
    IMG00070.jpg
  • ViennaJack
    Options
    Wow Bill!

I keep this Egg up close to the house, where there's about a 6' overhang. The other one is on pavers right behind it and is less protected by the overhang:

egg2.jpg

The round table behind it has about 2.5' of snow on it. It has no overhang at all.

Here's what the Door Egg is doing right now:

ptl1.jpg

Good luck, hope you excavate yours soon!

Later,

Jack
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    That looks like a girl.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Jack, good looking cook.

Thanks!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    That could be, Rod, but if so then she bats for the other team! He/she is a loner unlike the groups of females that roam our woods in 3's and 4's. This individuality is what I was basing my thought on as the bucks we see are always by themselves, but you're the hunter - I'm not.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Most bucks usually have a prominent white throat patch. Does have a rounder head between the ears whereas the top of a buck's head is flatter.

I saw a lot of does wandering solo this year, but you're correct that usually the does hang out in packs and bucks are generally by themselves.