Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well, here's one way to keep the bosses happy!

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

just finished up a pot luck luncheon here at the office (about 35 people). . .including my boss and our big boss (CFO/VP). ..center piece of the lunch was my 12 pound dr. chicken's double smoked ham. . .about all that's left an hour later is the bone and some scraps. . ..as usual, everyone loves 'egg' food. . .comments like: "max, that's the best ham i ever tasted". . . .[p]trouble becomes, while everyone spends 2 bucks on sodas or plates, or brownies, etc. . .they expect me to bring the 'meat'. . .oh well. . if it keeps the bosses happy, then i'm happy. . ..

Comments

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Save that bone for bean soup!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    i hate bean soup.. .i'll bring it with me on saturday and give it to you. . .you can make soup, then let Blitz(?) have at it. ...think she'll stop chasing the ball to eat a ham bone??

• HighMedLow
    HighMedLow Posts: 32
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Those ham bones do wonders in Split Pea soup, along with onion & some spices...[p]HML

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    HighMedLow,
    i do not like split pea soup any more than i like bean soup.. .[p]i will not eat it from a jar
    i will not eat it in a car[p]i will not eat it in a tree
    i will not eat it if its free[p]i will not eat that soup i say
    take it, take it, take it away[p](always was a big dr. seuss fan. ...heeee)

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    She would (well, maybe), but I don't give her ham bones. I think they can splinter. I give her beef marrow bones. She'll spend hours gnawing on them, and she actually forgets about her toys when she has one!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Max, don't feel like the "long stranger" buddy , I always end up like that...I think I gotta upper hand on them ol brothers o mine this mothers day though...I been hintin (aksually I been hintin a real long time - that has been my strategy) about doin a prime rib roast to em, and I think it worked...them two tight wads have actually talked together about providen the roast ...some of you less wise eggheads need to learn a lesson here...

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chet,
    good advice. . ..next time my co-workers want eggfood, i'll hit them up for the money to pay for it. ..

• HighMedLow
    HighMedLow Posts: 32
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, I'm guessing you'd NOT like the bone in Chili con carne either...[p]HML
  • Unknown
    Options
    When I voiced the objection about always cooking ribs/pork/brisket for the pot luck and they said "bring in the receipt" and they started paying for the meat! It IS frustrating, though, because everyone else shows up with a $1 package of buns and they also seem to call them at the last minute, "potluck tomorrow for Sally's B-Day!"
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    HighMedLow,
    now, chili is another story. . i love chili. ..but i'd never thought to stick a ham bone in it. . .