Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke out of the egg, I think i have a logo

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in Off Topic

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    There ya go man,that's much easier to understand ;) Looks great Mike :woohoo:I think this one is a winner :)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I think I am going to have him loose the nest and raise the egg like dotting an I.
    Mike
    Thx Doug
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Please post finished pic or email it to me and I'll print it out and post at the depot for the KC crews that work this way out of KC.

You getting any shirts or hats?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Absolutely and thanks.
    Hats, aprons, shirts.

Mike
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    Well if your gonna be in the T-shirt and hat business as well, I'd buy a few! The logo looks GREAT! I agree on the thing you posted about the nest. Congratulations Mike, what your doing is a dream, I'm so happy for you!!!!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I am ready and thanks.

Mike
  • Gator Bait
    Options
    LOL, That's great Mike! I love it and like your idea of dropping the nest. My first thought was that it was busy, I think dropping the nest would help open it up. Great name, Great logo.

party00211.gifparty00211.gifparty00211.gifparty00211.gif
    party00211.gifparty00211.gifparty00211.gifparty00211.gif            We're ready!!!

Gator

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Thanks, it means alot to hear it from my friends.

Mike
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I'm in on a shirt Mike. I think your are spot on about loosing the nest! Moving forward, that's great!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I hope you come some day and be a guest chef.

Thanks

Mike
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Oooo, thanks for the offer Mike!! I will be there for sure. This is so exciting!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    don't want to over work this, Mike - but why the fork in the back pocket and such a fat butt? How about less butt by covering with a larger apron tied in back -assuming you may want to sell pulled pork in the future so it will be a pork butt and not yours! As for the do-rag thingee guess I'm an old fart and would rather see a bald head, sweat or even a chef hat.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Take a poll Ron, ask how many forum members about my doo rag.
    I am thinking less of a butt. Would to hear your thoughts on cooking classes.
    Mike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    sorry Mike...I'm not REALLY sure what you were saying...but YOU know YOUR potential market clientel where I don't...if that head thing helps sell product then more power to you! BTW - I'm going to bed...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    ;) I agree with the "too big of a butt" thing :blush:

you could let a few curls peek out from under the skull cap :woohoo:

really like the name!
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Mike, looks great and like the idea to drop the next.

Put in an order for an XL T-shirt! :)
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Looking good Mike. I am looking forward to seeing the final product. I would gladly wear a shirt with that logo.

Good luck...
  • what's "short barbecue?"

hehe

i'll tell you, the one thing i hate in my business is a guy who has no stake in the thing coming in and telling me how to fix my work. you know, i'm dealing with my client and we have been working on something and then some dillweed chimes in "so why did you do this? and why did you do that? and it would be better if you did such-n-such"

so, forgive my being that dillweed.

when i look at it cold, i see "one rib"
    and then "short bbq"

now... just thinking. "one rib short" is three short words. have you thought maybe of stacking them one the right on top of each other, with the word "babrbecue" stretched along the bottom?

then, you could stand on top of the word "barbecue", with the egg serving as the "o" of short

just an idea.

don't want you to think i am picking on the work. it's an occupational hazard. i get stuff all day with red lines thru it and X-ed out. and in school we used to stand there as a literal room full of people told you everything that was wrong with your work. we learned to objectify things. sometimes i forget that when talking to 'normal' people who aren't used to having their hard work torn apart.

hahaha

as someone mentioned before, if the food is good, the sign won't matter, and if the food is bad, the sign won't help.

but just as a composition all by itself, i might tweak a couple things.

good luck.

(ps... i f*rted out a bad sketch pasted up from the logo. photobucket is sucking pondwater right now and won't upload anything, so i'll send it via email.)
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Yep....gotta have some curls....
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I have gotten a lot of good info from people here. All input is good, but I have to make the decision and live with it.
    I can't please 100% of all the people, but I can please 100% of my customers.
    I do thank everyone for thier input, I truly do.
    OAILYSM.

Thank you for your input. I modified it a little. Think it is a good design for shirt/hat sales?

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I will mail you some. hahahahaha.
    Who knew I had hair?

Mike
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Jeff,

Post the stinky sketch.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I have tasted your ribs so I know they are fantastic. If you aren't finalized on your logo and are open to constructive criticism from someone who is seeing it for the first time then I don't get why the cook is emphasizing showing me his backside, and it does read to me like:
    one rib,
    short barbecue. (which I don't think is your intent)

I think you mean it to read more like:
    one rib short
    barbecue

Maybe "one rib short" the same color and "barbecue" a different color, or stacked like stripsteak was suggesting.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.