Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooked Something New - Pineapple Lamb Chops

FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Came up with this recipe last week, after my pregnant wife was having serious pineapple cravings, which continued after the baby was born (little girl). Came out really good, though I wish the relish had been hotter - I get some defective chili peppers, which isn't altogether surprising in January in New England.

Full details on the cook available on our blog at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2010/02/recipe-grilled-lamb-chops-with-spicy-pineapple-relish-guest-post-from-fearless-grill.html

6a00e5502e1c01883401287734cba1970c-800wi

To make these, I marinated the chops in pineapple juice, kosher salt, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper for about 2 hours. I then seasoned them with black pepper, kosher salt, and dried oregano and grilled them direct at 500 degrees.

For the relish, I combined fresh pineapple, red onion, cilantro, a couple of chili peppers, some cayenne pepper to make up for my defective chilies, and some lime juice. I made this at the same time as I put the chops in the marinade, to give the flavors a chance to blend.

Enjoy!

-John

Comments