Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deboned Chicken looking to verify temp/time

Steeler Fan
Steeler Fan Posts: 395
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Getting old - cannot remember thetime or temperature.

Just deboned a whole chicken. Yeah I'm stuffing it with bread etc. (sorry Max). I'm guessing 300 indirect for aboyt 75 minutes. Any agreement diasagreement. Need a little help.

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Sounds right. I'd go to 350-375. The only issue is to make sure that the stuffing is cooked to 165. Enjoy!
  • Thanks, remembered everything except the temp. Appreciate it.
  • PapaB
    PapaB Posts: 146
    Good luck on the cook, SF. Thanks for the feedback on my post. We'll give it a go. I'm thinking 350, indirect and as temp is close increase temp to crisp up the skin. Determining temp will be the 165 on the stuffing. Thanks again.
  • As promised, We did 3 chickens last night. For posterity followed the temperature instructions.
    350 degrees indirect. When the stuffing got to 160, i opened her up and the heat zoomed to 500-550 and crisped the skin and browned it an auburn color. Looked good. Let one rest, carved it with an electric knife, nice even slices. Served with gravy made from all giblets and leftover meat.
    Next day placed a slice on a homemade bun, slathered bun with mayo and a cranberry slice. Yum.