Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Took a Day to think about it...

Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After the forum war the other night - I took a day to think about things and here is what I've concluded:

*When my blood sugar sinks below 30 - I can be an ass

*When my blood sugar goes above 300 - I can be a bigger ass

*The other night - my blood sugar was over 600 which should give you a good idea of where my head and attitude were at the time

*Remodeling sucks

*My camera on my cell phone sucks

*That problems at the company make me suck

*That real bad day at the company has nothing to do with folks on the forum

*Some folks don't appreciate my attempt at having some fun and being humorous. To those folks - accept my apology.

*That some did not get my posts. The posts were meant to be funny and to show how someone can have fun cooking on the Egg regardless if they just started or have been on the Egg for 20 years. Thus my finest china "paper plates" and the extremely hard culinary cooks like burgers, chicken, lasagna, steaks, etc.

*That some took the "scotch" comments as truth - when O'Douls is my beverage of choice. Yes, I know - no need to tell me to drink a real beer - I've heard it for many years.

*That Rodney King really was a genius when he uttered his famous words - "can't we all just get along"

*That Humor and OT topics is fine to one but isn't always humor to another. I guess seeing all the OT posts and discussing many different things told me that it was okay.

*How much I appreciate the email and phone calls for all you fine folks with support.

*That I'm not the only one who isn't a fan of the vistors or phantoms

*That reading a post and taking it one way isn't always the way it was meant. I guess that is what the emoticons are used for. As I've said - assuming can bite you in the butt

*That there is no reason at all to have any kind of argument or war on a forum - especially one that is about cooking on the BGE

*That "dimwit - stinking blowhard" and "even a monkey could cook it" were classics. Even I laughed at those :laugh:

*That smoked Loney is pretty damn good!

So - accept my apology and for those that emailed and called - thank you and I will begin to post again with hopes that folks see it for humor and fun and not for being a Global Master Chef on the Egg.

Oh yeah...and here is what's going on the Egg in about 5 minutes.
b1.jpg

LJ
Dimwit Stinking Blowhard Monkey Cooking Egger :)

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Jimmy is that mold on top of the meat? :ohmy:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    What are you using for the seasoning?
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Having fun cookin' and jawwin' is what it's all about. Welcome back. I was gonna suggest that you can hold that young'n's attention better if you were to start teaching him to drink scotch while cooking like his ol man. Guess that ain't gonna work, huh? :laugh: :laugh:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Hey Blowhard! ;)
    Did you notice my post on "Mali's" lump? We might be getting a group together of local peeps to go in on a pallet.
    You can get a decent point and shoot digicam off craigslist for about $25-$30.
  • Let's see - Mickey - yes that is mold. Obviously I needed some penicillin to kill the bug up my rearend. :)

Seasoning - garlic power, black and white pepper - salt - and some mold. :laugh:

Bacchus - count me in on the lump. I've got to go out and get some more today in this crap weather. My Dimwit Monkey self didn't do it last night.

LJ
  • Bacchus
    Oh you Rookie! :laugh:
    Always have at least one bag in stock.
    Sounds good man, we should be able to get a good deal on the stuff. Thanks!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    I get the shakes at 4 bags. :pinch:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I'm gonna go out on a limb, but....be yourself! I, for one, think you and Hoss were funny as heck! It spiced up the "Late Nite" forum! :woohoo: Heck, I'll jump in, too!
  • Bacchus
    I know, I'm down to 1 open bag and 2 full back up's. It's like driving around with less than a quarter tank of gas.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Cook on Jimmy, cook the heck on!!
    Glad your back. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • :ohmy: was there another LJ "experience"???
    Gee, gotta check in more often :blink:
    Jimmy, with a blood sugar over 600, you ought to have be comatose :pinch:
    You coming to OKC??? huh?? huh???
    B) hang in there, Lanier Jim
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Welcome back and hope things are better. :) Tim
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I missed the whole nasty mess and do not have a clue what you did, did not do or what it is about. I will say I doubt you have caused more trouble than I have stired up in the past. I have been a "trouble maker", "satan worshiper making sacrifices", "grudg holder who will not let it die", ect. I am sure in the future I will stir up stink again NONE OF IT WAS INTENTIONAL!!! I guess I have been around long enough and often enough that most of the regulars that would jump me for some'en know if I type some'en that comes out the wrong way its just that I don't have enough sense to know any better in he 1st place!! :laugh: Problem with the forum is even with the smillies ones meaning can get interpeted wrong. So from one screw up to another welcom back. Don't know what happened and don't care, if you ment it at the time or didn't, just glad your back and it will blow over. Trust me! ;)
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Hey Jimmy, did I miss some more of your fun? I haven't been posting much this past week - snooze you loose I guess. Anywho lookin' fwd to your posts and pics.
  • Yep - another incident over a dull boring post of mine...and I mean - dull and boring for real! :laugh: Just 3 pics and 3 words. Then this was said...then that was said...blah, blah, blah...then entire thread was deleted. Be gald you weren't involved. :)

LJ
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I have had a thread deleted as well. hahaha
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Oh, no! It's Saturday evening! Will the kooks appear? :laugh:
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Amen! I pulled in the garage yesterday and saw that I only had five bags...then I opened one of them for pizza last night. I'm concerned I will walk out there to cook and it'll all be gone.
  • Smut-butt
    Smut-butt Posts: 142
    It is great to have humor and spread humor; if people would just lighten up more, maybe the world would be a better place. It is a proven fact that it takes more muscles to frown than it takes to smile, so keep us laughing and ignore the pessimists.

Just don't burn your meat.....
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Easy on yourself big fella, so you had a bad day, "you f***ed up, you trusted us" (Animal House). Don't beat yourself up so much. A few great posts with pictures and you can be on top again. We know your new (I am fairly new myself) but we appreciate your enthusiasm.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Yup, :laugh: I remember those days - still have a hard time figuring that one out. There has been some darn good looking and tasting cooks along the way though.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

For the most part the phone pictures were ok, the ones that looked like you slipped on banana peel made me scratch my head... :)

...but who am I to talk.

GG
  • That was not a banana peel I slipped on...it was drool! :laugh:

LJ