Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Electric Fan

Options
Waterscapes
Waterscapes Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I noticed on some of the pictures posted that some cookers used a fan in there bottom vent to increase the temp. Where can I get a power fan?

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    If you are talking about a fan like this then it belongs to a pit controling unit shown in this pic. It is called a CyberQ II and is a product of BBQguru.com

000_1050.jpg

Tim

There are other pit controling devices another is called Stoker
  • Smoking Coles
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you are talking about the BBQ Guru or the Stoker fans that have been shown lately. Those fans as stated above are part of control devices which will keep and hold temps that the user sets automatically using the fan to control air flow.

If you just want a fan to help get the temp up quicker in the egg, you can buy a little hand held $2 battery operated fan that will get the job done. You'll usually see them in stores starting in spring for personal cooling. I used to use one, but realized I just wasn't getting the lump lit properly. If you make sure and get the lump lit good, the egg will come up to temp in 10 or 15 minutes. I use a Mapp torch, and haven't used a fan since.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    This is what you need, $3 at Walmart.

fan2.jpg
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    Heck, if you just want to get your egg up to blazing hot fast do like I do, whip out the 250 mph leaf blower, stand back 5 ft and aim it at the bottom vent! Takes about 2 minutes to have a roaring fire! I stopped doing that because I figured out all I was doing was getting all the lump burning for no reason. Now I just drop in my little cake of sawdust and wax, set it on fire, come back 15 minutes later and lo and behold my fire is just as hot as I needed it to be. my $0.02.