Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breasts

Options
James
James Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi guys,[p]Well, tonight I'm doing chicken breasts (with sauted mushrooms and onions). I'll also do some corn.. Does anyone have any cool Chicken breast recipies.. I'm just going to grill them.[p]my egg only wants to go up to about 375 today.. I dn't know why.. Maybe I NEED TO clean it more..[p]

Comments

• MerlinEgger
    Options
    James,
    Get some fresh, dry lump, or clean the holes in your firebox. LOL

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    James,
    Make sure the hole in the bottom of the firebox lines up with the lower vent. Make sure you have plenty of lump. Make sure that you have lump that isn't all small pieces so that airflow through the lump is restricted. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    James,
    Last night I prepared some quick, easy chicken breasts. I used boneless skinless breasts and pounded them to an even thicknes. I marinated them briefly in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs de provence, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, and a little garlic powder. I Egged them direct on a raised grid for about 2 min/side at about 450 temp, then closed up the Egg completely, wrapped them in foil, and let them rest in the Egg for the 10 minutes it took me to finish the preparing the rest of the dinner. There was plenty of juice in the foil packet, the meat was tender, and it was very tasty.
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• Gretl,[p]this is my favorite way to do chicken breasts. Last time I prepped them with a dizzy pig rub, then drizzled jalapeno jelly over them before I flipped them.[p]yum...
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    char buddy (for now),
    Wow, that sounds good. I even have some jalapeno jelly kicking around at home...and some chicken...maybe I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks a bunch.
    G.