Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An observation

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Look at the large number of replies to the alcoholics' romps and their subsequent blubbering all over themselves vs. the number of replies to people posting cooks, pictures, and recipes, it's no wonder that this forum is in decline.

Comments

• Wow......just WOW.......

Wonder if this is one of the "long time posters" in disguise? :ohmy:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I said my thoughts about people like you and they pulled the post. Yet you are still here :)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I feel the same way.

Evidently the decline isn't enough for Stan the Lurker to stop lurking or stop posting.

Kent
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Just a question.

How is "stan the lurker" any more or less anonymous than "Grandpas Grub" or "mickey" or "Fidel" for that matter?

Aside from those of us who have met in real life and carry on real friendships, how is anyone really not anonymous. Why the sudden hatred and mistreatment of people whose names don't register here in a green font?
  • Grandpas Grub

"Why the sudden hatred and mistreatment of people whose names don't register here in a green font?"

Not sudden for me. I made the assumption, or tagged along, with the assumption that Stan the Lurker was a 'green' forum member posting under and anonymous name.

Forum members that post under anonymous names is what bothers me. I have no idea if Stan is or is not a forum member.

I understand your point. Nevertheless, having meat or not, I don't feel you or Mickey or for that matter many people here on the forum are anonymous.

Kent
  • Good point! However, I have seen you criticize people for posting anonymously. ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Fidel wrote:
    Just a question.

How is "stan the lurker" any more or less anonymous than "Grandpas Grub" or "mickey" or "Fidel" for that matter?

Aside from those of us who have met in real life and carry on real friendships, how is anyone really not anonymous. Why the sudden hatred and mistreatment of people whose names don't register here in a green font?

He is, of course, not any any more anonymous than the rest of us. However, if he (or she for that matter) is, as I believe, a member here, it seems rather gutless to post under the guise of a visitor. Tomorrow, he'll be back posting as the well respected "Fidel" or "Grandpa's Grub". (Just examples, gentlemen. :))

Does anyone really believe the folks who make these sorts of posts are visitors? I doubt most visitors wouldn't bother. I think these guys are members whose opinions are bigger than their balls.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Decline? Hardly. It is far more active than ever. These little problems happen now and then, but they pass and we all move on. Hope you can, too.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • Fidel
    It's different when it is an anonymous personal attack vs. a legitimate post made by an unregistered person. Seems of late the latter type catches a lot of grief.
  • Well, I post anonymously as The Naked Whiz for obvious reasons. If they find me again, I'll have to put that damn ankle bracelet back on and I can't leave the house..... :woohoo:
    The Naked Whiz
  • Fidel
    Or of course....if I wanted to I could post as anyone! Note the user name shows up in green - yet there is no registered user Carolina A.

And yes, if I really wanted to be devious I would remove the avatar so you wouldn't know it was me.
  • Grandpas Grub

Not saying I didn't and probably will in the future. You have never seen me criticize anyone posting anonymously who was contributing or asking a question to the forum.

There are a few of you who enjoy the anonymous posting, and for the most part that doesn't bother me either.

It is when the anonymous posting is criticizing or complaining with out the balls to own up to their criticizing or complaining that puts a burr under my saddle.

Kent
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    You know what happens when you assume things don't you???
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Grandpas Grub

Your are correct.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Yup, sure do. Proof is always in the pudding as it were.

GG
  • I have studied the behavior of posters like this in my psych practice. These people often feel ostracized by the group and in order to bring attention to themselves they post negative counter posts to draw the attention. They then enjoy the attention and laugh at what they have managed to do. They have gained power over the very people they feel ostracized by and therefore have elevated themselves to a higher status. In realtity you have rewarded their behavior by responding. The best approach to a post like this is to ignore it. They can't stand it. And they then go away. Or as my granddaddy use to say, "Son, don't try to teach a pig to sing. It simply frustrates you and annoys the pig."

I enjoy this forum and have gained significant insight from it. Now back to the wine and the game! Go Vikings!
    Maybe I should fire up the egg and cook some pizzas!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Hey, I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk. Keep it straight.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Brad,

Bogey couldn't have said it better himself! :lol:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    And, in case you're an extrovert, too:

8388.2056.zoom.jpg
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    My gosh! You are either very perceptive or incredibly arrogant to know "Stan's" motives for posting. But I agree, go vikes!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hungry in Lilburn wrote:
    I have studied the behavior of posters like this in my psych practice. These people often feel ostracized by the group and in order to bring attention to themselves they post negative counter posts to draw the attention. They then enjoy the attention and laugh at what they have managed to do. They have gained power over the very people they feel ostracized by and therefore have elevated themselves to a higher status. In realtity you have rewarded their behavior by responding. The best approach to a post like this is to ignore it. They can't stand it. And they then go away. Or as my granddaddy use to say, "Son, don't try to teach a pig to sing. It simply frustrates you and annoys the pig."

I enjoy this forum and have gained significant insight from it. Now back to the wine and the game! Go Vikings!

Your handle should be "Hungry for Librium". Come on....you know that's funny! Although I may have spelt it incorrectly. You are 100% corrrect in saying to ingnore these comments. I've been on this forum for 6-7 years and it's crazy how people get all nuts about trolls and OT comments. JUST INGNORE them and they will go away!!!!
  • Midnight Smoker wrote:
    Hungry in Lilburn wrote:
    I have studied the behavior of posters like this in my psych practice. These people often feel ostracized by the group and in order to bring attention to themselves they post negative counter posts to draw the attention. They then enjoy the attention and laugh at what they have managed to do. They have gained power over the very people they feel ostracized by and therefore have elevated themselves to a higher status. In realtity you have rewarded their behavior by responding. The best approach to a post like this is to ignore it. They can't stand it. And they then go away. Or as my granddaddy use to say, "Son, don't try to teach a pig to sing. It simply frustrates you and annoys the pig."

Your handle should be "Hungry for Librium". Come on....you know that's funny! Although I may have spelt it incorrectly. You are 100% corrrect in saying to ingnore these comments. I've been on this forum for 6-7 years and it's crazy how people get all nuts about trolls and OT comments. JUST INGNORE them and they will go away!!!!
    [/quo

Your handle should be \"Hungry for Librium\". Come on....you know that's funny! Although I may have
    spelt it incorrectly. You are 100% corrrect in saying to ingnore these comments. I've been on this
    forum for 6-7 years and it's crazy how people get all nuts about trolls and OT comments. JUST
    INGNORE them and they will go away!!!!