Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nesting Syndrome

Options
Smokin' Padre
Smokin' Padre Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now I know how my wife felt getting ready for our two boys before they were born. Today was spent staining the egg table a beautiful cherry wood color and tomorrow it gets sealed. Then my buddy gets to come back over for a beer (after we move the egg into its new home). Can't begin to tell you how excited I am...though my wife says that if I name it, she's calling the men in the green shirts to take me away.... :laugh:

Comments

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    LOL, I know what you mean about the waiting. Even though I did it IRL when I was pregnant I can relate to the egg waiting too. We just got our second egg and I had to wait over a week to use it because my husband was busy building my table for it. It was worth the wait, and nothing like the 9 months of my pregnancies. :laugh:
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Smokin' Padre
    Options
    Heh ~ we all have our "children"! My wife was watching me as I was wrapping a blanket around the egg. I suspect she thought that I was going to kiss it goodnight. Kudos to you!
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    i thought about taking my egg out of the table while i wash the table stain and seal it. my biggest problem is stopping cooking while i stain and seal!
  • Smokin' Padre
    Options
    You know, I might have a solution for that. This morning, while the top part was drying, I went to a concrete store and got a patio stone 18X18. It cost a whopping $6.25. My plan is to put that under the egg instead of the spacers. Perhaps you could put the egg on the stone and cook while you also work with the table! If I hadn't had to pick up the kids from school, that would be have been my plan.
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    I have a stone. i also have the feet. getting it out of the table is the real problem
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
    You need the stone and the spacers (green feet).
    Without an air gap between the egg and stone, heat will eventually damage your table.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    After seeing the pics posted here of someones charred wood under a paver I chose to use insulating firebrick and the egg feet under my large.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    You gotta name it. It's part of the family. We've got Shaka and Zulu ( two larges ). But we do just call Mini, Mini. B)