Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Sucess!!!

Options
AZ Geoff
AZ Geoff Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a 8.5 pound picnic pork overnite. I followed Naked Whiz's instructions almost exactly. It turned out great!!! Fell off the bone - and so tasty!! ( And at 99 cents a pound!!)
Now my wife wants me to cook 2 of them for Sunday's guests!! How much more cooking time do I need to allow to cook 2 of them together???
Thanks for any advice!!!

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    my experience is that it shouldn't take you any more or less time to do two than one (i.e. time for two 8 pounders at 2 hours per pound is still 16 hours, not 32 hours. . .assuming they are sitting side by side. .. careful that they are the same weight, or, if you want them done at the same time and they aren't the same weight, then stagger when you put them on. . .

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    Congrats!!! Two is no different than one. I generally put the temp probe (I have an RediCheck ET73) in the largest butt and when it gets to 190* I pull both of them off,(assuming they are close to the same weight) wrap in foil for an hour (leave in a cooler with old towels) and pull. It's never been anything other than awesome. Joe

• AZ Geoff
    AZ Geoff Posts: 66
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks for everyone's advice!! I can't wait for the weekend to get here!! (Or as my teenage son said when he took his first bite of the pulled pork - "this pulled pork is gonna change our lives!!")

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    AZ Geoff,
    change your life indeed. . .wait till you start going to the grocery for a gallon of milk, but always spend 5 extra minutes at the meat or fish counters, thinkin about how it will taste off the egg. .. [p]or, when you start taking pictures of all your cooks. . .[p]now you need to get to an eggfest. . .we have one coming up in maryland on 8 may and there is one down in texas later in the month. ..