Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring Chicken's writings

uglydog
uglydog Posts: 256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's a heads up for those who miss Spring Chicken's daily forum checks: I suggest looking for them and reading them. His writing skills are almost as good as Red Hamilton's flying skills, and he does this in a half-sleep state. Imagine what he could write if he were fully awake! Keep those cards and letters coming in, Spring Chicken.

Uglydog

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    He's a HOOT!Spring Owl???! :laugh:.....Here's a thought maybe he could be S.C. in daylite and S.Owl at nite.You get it?The Wise Old OWL??? :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Been following them for years and actually got to watch him compose one in the hotel lobby at the 08 Ocala eggfest. Great way to start the morning with a smile.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    That's awesome!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • cookn biker
    You are so right about that!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    He use to write as if he were an alien inhabiting his human body. That was a hoot!
  • FlaPoolman
    Molly, I was gonna get his autograph but wasn't sure he washed his hands :whistle: :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh:
    Just kidding Leroy :P
  • Shucks!!! You're just saying that because I'm paying you to. LOL

Funny thing, I've got all these stories running around in my head and don't have the patience to put 'em to print. Well except for some reason I can't stop myself from writing at 2:00 AM (or there 'bouts).

And what I write is just a small part of what I want to write. I'm just pleased that some of y'all actually take the time to read them.

I'll keep writing but truth is I really, really want to write a book. I probably should start with a lengthy story about ‘procrastination’ then follow with an exposé about how the Texas Lottery Commission takes my money and keeps it instead of making me an instant millionaire like in the ads, or how the communists keep picking me as the subject of their plots.

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll try hard to live up to my expectations.

Spring "An Untold Story Is Not A Story" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Funny you should mention Owls. We had one in our back yard last night and he was full of hoots. Kept on and on. Maybe he was talking to me.

If he comes back tonight I'm gonna listen closely to what he says and do it, unless it involves eat'n a mouse or something.

Spring "Gotta Really Give A Hoot To Get One Back" Chicken
  • cookn biker
    Hahahaha..funny!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Yea Pat. You are the only one who's actually seen me in the process of composing a Forum Check. No way Spring Hen is going to get up at that hour and unless we have a peeping tom looking through the window I'm the only person around.

Glad you stuck around to read 'em over the years.

Spring "Jeepers Creepers That Dude's Got Some Ugly Peepers" Chicken
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: You Da MAN,Leroy!!! ;)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Leroy thanks for coming back on the air. I missed your essays when you took off for many months. You are the forum my friend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The hand washing sequence is part of the hygenic protocol after performing the plumbing check. All graspers are scrubbed using a liberal amount of R-COO-Na + H2O ↔ R-COO- + Na+ + H2O ↔ R-COOH + NaOH
    2Na+(R-COO)-(aq) + Ca2+(HCO3-)2(aq) → 2Na+(HCO3)-(aq) + Ca(R-COO)2(s) combined with H2O. The process meets the requirements for 'clean.'

Spring "Forever Blowing Bubbles" Chicken
  • Yes, he definitely has the bragging rights and I'm told he uses them to get favors from his fellow citizens.

Spring "Soldiers At Fort Bragg Have Bragg'n Rights" Chicken
  • Thanks, I think.

Spring "I Think I Don't Understand What's Happening" Chicken
  • That was in an earlier time during my assignment on this planet. Given the Hoots I heard outside last night HQ may be trying to contact me again.

Spring "Hoot Hoot And Away" Chicken
  • Thanks Mickey but there are those who think I should just go away. Can't do that though, not as long as I have an Egg and a keyboard. To them who want that, just ignore me. All I'm trying to do is add a smile for those stuck in the dark period.

Spring "Just Try Prying My Silicone Covered Fingers Off My Hot Egg" Chicken
  • FlaPoolman
    And I just wash em :huh: :S :pinch:
  •  
    I agree uglydog, Spring's forum checks are great reads.

Leroy, should you ever write a book I hope that I am around to read it. After reading several of your forum checks I would think they would compile into a montage fairly easily. Couldn't you shape your forum checks into a book? Ray Bradbury's "The Illustrated Man" comes to mind. I think you could write it's equal and much of the work may be already done.

Good night Leroy,

Gator

• Posting under Frank in Houma's screen name.

Remember me Leroy - I'm still awaiting your bank account information so I can send you millions of Naira. As a prince in exile but hiding in Nigeria, I can transfer large amounts of Naira to your account with just a few key strokes. I know you have been watching your mailbox for good news but I just need your bank account numbers. Your credit card numbers and expiration dates would be quite useful as well - I could send you a credit on your account.

Your friend forever,

Prince Ugotemiwantem
  • :laugh: :laugh: I bet you were still up but Leroy was getting up to take care of plumbing issues. :laugh: :laugh:
  • FlaPoolman
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • My grandfather was a small town newspaper editor. He owned the business, reported the news, wrote the editorials, prepared the advertisements, took the photographs, set the type and printed the paper, along with a hundred other little details known only to newspaper people. He did all of this by himself before the 'hot off the press' paper could be presented to the public for a nickle a copy. Without complaint, he did this week after week for years until it killed him.

Through the use of modern technology I can write and publish something, complete with vivid images, then circulate it to the entire world within seconds.

So if I don't have to do all the things my grandfather did I should have plenty of time to assemble my thoughts, describe my adventures, both real and imagined, and share them with the world. If only I would just do it...

Spring "Everything Worth Doing Is Next On The List" Chicken
  •  
    I know what you mean Leroy, I probably have a few books and any number of masterpieces I'll never accomplish. But then who knows, maybe we will surprise ourselves someday. ;)

Gator

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I love chicken and Spring happens to be one of them! Tim ;)
  • Well, that surely and purely makes me feel good, but have you thought about perhaps finding a female carbon unit who might benefit from such open affection? LOL

Oh, and I guess you are the one who is decimating the chicken race. Thanks a lot...

Spring "Chicken Tastes Good Like A Chicken Should" Chicken
  • 2Fategghead
    :lol: Yes Leroy my female carbon unit is Cindy who does benefit from open affection. :whistle:

Oh, and as much as I try to decimate the chicken race those carbon units come back a hundred thousand fold. Somebody has to do it so, it may as well be me! :evil:

I will probably come back as a chicken after I pass. Then maybe I can stay at the ranch! :woohoo:
  • I'm just a little worried about the time spent describing a bathroom visit in the middle of every nite.
  • Me too, but those were my instructions and I intend to carry them out.

Also noted is that for many lunar circumnavigations I was required to check the illumination device inside the refrigeration unit here in the abode to make certain it was functional. I also had to monitor external security to make certain that the Chicken Ranch was not being overrun by creatures of the night. I had Rodney Dangerbird to assist in that endeavor, may he rest in peace.

Those duties have since been recalled leaving me more time to record some of the many experiences I have encountered during my entire assignment.

Given that I will one day be held accountable for all my actions I hope that my consistent and accurate reporting of my activities will be reflected during my overall performance evaluation, just as it should be. Then perhaps my next assignment will be to a planet where the life forms are not so, how should I put it, CRAZY.

Spring "I'm Not One Of Them" Chicken
  • 2Fategghead
    :);) :silly: :lol: :silly: ;):):whistle: