Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picked this up

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since it's cured, I guess I'm just smoking it with apple. Right?

saltpork.jpg

Thanks.
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    That's beautiful idea!!!
  • johnrezz
    johnrezz Posts: 120
    Spring can not get here wuick enough, we actually have gone above freezing the last two days....

Molly,

I am going to ask you a question that does not pertain to this thread.... When you make your pizza dough do you find that the water levels are completely off being at high altitude. i know I am higher but it takes me almost 2 cups of water to 3 cups of flour. most call for 1.5 water to 3-4 cups flour, this does not even come close for me...... I have given up on all recepies and just add water until I get the consistancey I am looking for....

J
  •  
    Morning Molly,

Would that be salt pork? :cheer:

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Hey Molly looks like you're heading for a nice cook love apple or cherry with pork......have a great sunday!!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hi Molly, I'm braced and patient for the rest of the story. ;) Tim
  • Apple sounds great. A light smoke with hickory would work - maybe a little cherry.

:) How about half with apple and half with hickory and half with ..... hmmmmm - you betta geaux get some more. B) :laugh:
  • johnrezz wrote:
    Spring can not get here wuick enough, we actually have gone above freezing the last two days....

Molly,

I am going to ask you a question that does not pertain to this thread.... When you make your pizza dough do you find that the water levels are completely off being at high altitude. i know I am higher but it takes me almost 2 cups of water to 3 cups of flour. most call for 1.5 water to 3-4 cups flour, this does not even come close for me...... I have given up on all recepies and just add water until I get the consistancey I am looking for....

J
    John My recipe calls for 4-1/2 cups flour and 2 cups water.it works fine here at 6625ft
  • Molly,
    Nice looking piece of meat.How's it turn out?
  • cookn biker
    Yes.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    The recipe that I use calls for 3 cups od flour and 8 fl. oz of h2o. Other liquids are olive oil, 1 fl. oz. and honey, 1 tblsp.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  •  
    Hmmmmm . . . . I'm interested to see what you do with it. Growing up in New England it was always a good sign of either baked beans or a wicked good fish or corn chowder. Now that I have been corrupted by the forum I can't help but wonder if it might make some awesome industrial strength Pig Candy! :woohoo:

That could be an interesting component to a throwdown. :)

Gator

• Rooster K
    Rooster K Posts: 416
    I just took a cooking class on curing and we smoked the bacon at 250 intil the internal was 150. Apple wood for smoke. It was fantastic.