Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Time Brine

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks NB for the advice. Used a brine for the first time then butterflyed and used Cat's honey-mustard recipe. Miracles happened! My 6 year old ate chicken other than McNuggets and my father-in-law complimented me. I'm not a big chicken eater but it was by far the best chicken I've ever eaten.[p]One question. I notice my lump tends to burn mostly in the center of the fire box.Is this normal? All the vent holes seem to be clear and the opening is aligned with the bottom vent.[p]Off topic to RhumandJerk...Looks like frankR agrees with you 100%

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Big Cat,[p]Isn't brining terrific? Glad you liked the honey-mustard treatment too. ;-}[p]If you're keeping the Egg temp relatively low the fire tends to burn mostly where you started it. I use two Weber firestarter cubes, each placed about 1/4 way in from the Egg's inner wall. This seems to create more even heat than lighting in just one spot.[p]Cathy

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Big Cat,
    If you start your fire with an electric starter, just give them a stir when you remove it.
    JimW