Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Image Test

GBZee
GBZee Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Table%20Top.jpg
<p />If this works, I'll post some details about the construction.[p]How do you post more than one photo in a message? I sometimes see a single message with one picture after another.[p]I saved the images at 800 x 600....(100K size) Is that too large?[p]Some messages with photos show a camera to indicate the message has a photo. There are messages with photos that do do that??
-gb

Comments

• Buck Shot
    Buck Shot Posts: 34
    GBZee,[p]Looks like a winner table to me. Hope it serves you well.[p]Chris
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    GBZee,
    Looks like a great table to me...should give you years of great cooks!

• GBZee
    Table_1.jpg
    <p />GBZee,
    Amazing....I didn't screw up the photo link![p]Anyways, I used the basic table latout from the plans on the BGE site. For the wood, I choose Ipe (Brazillian Ironwood). This stuff tears up your tools! One of the most dense woods out there...The Atlantic City Boardwalk is made from this stuff. Has a fire rating of steel and concrete and HEAVY.Kinda interesting, the guy who owns the lumberyard where I got the wood made a deck out of it. He had a house fire, burned the house down but the deck was fine. The firemen were pretty amazed. The table by itself weighs a few hundred pounds by the time the tiles etc are added. Putting in the 140 lb Egg makes it difficult for someone to walk away with.[p]Cut up a Christmas yard light and epaoxy'd it to the guts of an old telescoping tripod. I can lower and swing the light out of the way when I don't need it. Added a rope light to the interior of the cabinet....generates little heat and won't have to worry about light bulbs....20,000 hours lifespan I think. I'll post a pic of the interion in another message cuz I don't know how to put more than one in a single post.

• GBZee
    Table_2.jpg
    <p />GBZee,
    OK, last one[p]Cabinet and drawer etc etc etc.[p]Anyways, It feels great not having to bend down to cook anymore and actually have a place to put things while I cook. Boy, I really do like my Egg!!

• flajoker
    flajoker Posts: 52
    GBZee,
    That's a great looking table. What type of wood did you build it out of? Also the stone work on the house looks fantastic as well.

• GBZee
    flajoker,[p]Thanks! It's made from Ipe. You can see the details in one of my other posts
  • flajoker
    flajoker Posts: 52
    GBZee,
    What part of the country are you in? Wonder if I could get some of that Ipe in fla? Looks a lot nicer than your standard treated model.

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    GBZee,
    Wow,,, I have never heard of that wood before. It looks great. If you don't mind was the cost of that wood. I have no idea to even be able to make a guess at cost. Was it something the lumberyard normally stocks?[p]Steve-B

• GBZee
    flajoker,[p]It is pronounced "ee-Pay" and is also called Brazilian Ironwood. I live in Memphis and could only find it at a hardwood specialty stoor. It is so heavy, I would be very costly to ship although I would think that some one in Fl would sell it cuz it is really good in your environment. Extremely insect resistant etc.[p]Good luck
    -gb

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    One word George......shaweet![p]Looks real sharp against the beautiful stonework on your house. Gawjus.[p]Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    GBZee, to post multiple photos, got to this link and scroll down to the bottom and read How to post multiple photos. If I can do it, you can.[p]your table is something to be proud of. Your Egg is living it up![p]Finally, I think the camera only shows up if you use the Optional Image URL:, but I'm not sure on that one.[p]

[ul][li]posting[/ul]
  • GBZee
    Steve-B,
    Hi Steve,
    Yes, it's a beautiful wood and not to pricy as far as hardwoods go ( ie. redwood is more expensive) For example, the 1x4 were $1.25 a linear foot. It gets pretty jigh though with the 4x4 legs. The legs alone were $100 in wood. (a 12 foot board) The whole project cost me about $350 in materials and you end up with something really special. I think the BGE cedar table is close to that. What really makes it is the protectant you paint on the wood when done. Now, talk about pricy.....$25 for a pint but it's formulated for tropical hardwood blocks 99% UV which means no fading. It brings out the deep dard luster in the wood and you simply paint it on (it's as thin as water) and 20 minutes later, wipe it off.[p]Hope you get a chance to work with it. I'll be glad to help

• GBZee
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks Chris....[p]btw, we tried the Redeye sample you sent....really great. I will probably be puttin' that on my next order. You better stop makin' such good rubs...I'm running out of room
    -george

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    GBZee,
    The more you explain and show, the more impressive that table is. Your guests will be complimenting you before they taste the food! Good work!

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    GBZee, you need to come up with a song for your Ipe table and Egg, something to the Brazilian tune of "The Girl from Ipanema."[p]"Tall and green and smokey and lovely, the Egg and Ipe table are cooking, and when they show off each one who sees them goes "a-a-ah!"[p]
  • GBZee
    BamaBob,
    I think you nailed it with "The Girl from 'ee-Pay' knee mahh" LOL
    -gb