Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AZRP\'s Halfcocked \"The Chicken\" (Pic Heavy)

Smoking Coles
Smoking Coles Posts: 230
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some whole chickens that needed to be cooked, but wanted to try AZRP's "The Chicken". Figured I would halfcock the chickens and steep them with the sauce in a pyrex dish. Worked great, and "The Chicken" is fantastic. I love spicy, and this hit the spot. We had a brunch on Sunday where I did Fatties stuffed with smoked gouda cheese, SSN686's Bread Roll and some Georgia Boy Hot Sausages. Unfortunately no pics because we had guests arriving early and I didn't want them to think I'm any more "Egg crazy" than they already do. But anyway, last night's cook.

IMG_0651.jpg
Spatchcocked
IMG_0652.jpg
Halfcocked
IMG_0653.jpg
Dredged in flour according to recipe
IMG_0655.jpg
The girls fired up and ready for "The Chicken"
IMG_0657.jpg
On the Medium
IMG_0658.jpg
Just some extra breast heavily rubbed with DP Raging River
IMG_0659.jpg
I have recently switched to Wicked Good Lump, and these are a couple of the largest pieces in the bag
IMG_0660.jpg
Another
IMG_0661.jpg
Last one of the lump
IMG_0662.jpg
The finished chicken breast, not the prettiest grill marks, but the chicken was good
IMG_0665.jpg
Another
IMG_0670.jpg
Now Back to the good stuff
Halfcock's to 160 in breast 180 in thighs
IMG_0674.jpg
Halfcock's ready to steep in "The Sauce"
IMG_0676.jpg
Brought sauce to slight boil and covered the chickens. The sauce smells amazing as you are preparing it BTW.
IMG_0678.jpg
After the 45 minute steep.
IMG_0679.jpg
Duke gives his nod of approval
IMG_0683.jpg
Ready to be carved up.
IMG_0688.jpg
All carved up. Best part about carving them up was the continous licking of the sauce off of my fingers.
IMG_0694.jpg
Close up of how juicy the chicken was.
IMG_0695.jpg
The left over sauce was strained and refigerated to marinate some wings in for the weekend.
IMG_0696.jpg

A big thanks to AZRP for sharing his recipe. You can find it on the Whiz's site under Chicken and Turkey of course, but here's the link.
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/thechicken.htm
It was very good and it'll be on my favorites list now.

Comments