Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Was: CDNs great.now does Maverick have a warranty?

Options
Ricklesss
Ricklesss Posts: 391
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
200 hits, and not a single comment??!!
I swear, I don't work for CDN, just recommending a really good product....
In fact I was just noticing that none of the Maverick thermometer mention any kind of warranty, at least at a couple different sites I went to.
Do they have one?

Besides, how many threads on "cast iron" grates do we really need??

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Ricklesss, The answer is yes. Hope this helps. Tim

http://www.maverickhousewares.com/manuals/ET73.pdf

LIMITED NINETY DAY WARRANTY
    Maverick Industries Inc. warrants the Redi Chek® Smoker to be free of defects in parts, materials and
    workmanship for a period of 90 days, from date of purchase. Should any repairs or servicing under this
    warranty be required, contact Maverick Customer Service by mail or phone for instructions on how to pack
    and ship Redi Chek® Smoker to Maverick’s National Service Center located as follows:
    Maverick Customer Service
    94 Mayfield Ave.
    Edison NJ 08837
    Telephone: (732) 417-9666
    Hours: Weekdays 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM
    Do not send any parts or product to Maverick without calling and obtaining a Return Authorization Number
    and instructions.
    This warranty is VOID if instructions for use are not followed: for accidental damage; for commercial use; for
    damage incurred while in transit; or if the Redi Chek® Smoker has been tampered with.
    This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
    Replacement probes
    To purchase, out of warranty, stainless steel replacement probes please mail us a check to address below and
    specify probe type:
    ET-73 Food Probe $12.00/ea
    ET-73 Smoker Probe $12.00/ea
    NEW 6 ft length * high heat ET-72/73 Food Probe $17.00/ea
    2 - NEW 6 ft length * high heat ET-72/73 Food Probe $27.75/ea
    All prices include shipping & handling. NJ residents add 6% sales tax.
    Attn Customer Service
    Maverick Industries, Inc.
    94 Mayfield Ave.
    Edison NJ 08837
    * The NEW high heat probe wire is rated for 570°F to reduce accidental wire burn outs.
    EN - 4
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    EGGSELENT customer service has been my eggsperience.Not sure about warranty,mine have functioned flawlessly for a couple years.I did order upgraded probes! :)
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    I have had great customer service up to now. I contacted them before Christmas and was promised replacement probes and never received them and have contacted them twice more and all was supposed to be taken care of but no mail as of yet. I feel they have dropped the ball on me. You would think after me calling them three times for this on going issue they would tell me something.

I agree with Hoss. Get the high temp probes and use one for the pit and one for the meat. Tim
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    Options
    Thank you for the info, Tim! Preciate it!
    I hope they do right by you. Maybe they got too busy over the holidays and dropped the ball?
    My faulty CDN was replaced under a 5 year warranty in less then a week.
    Having spare probes is a smart thing I think, I have to order some soon.
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    I'm good anyway and your right I think I got lost in the holiday shuffle.