Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Book review

vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I have finished reading "To Try Men's Souls" by Gingrich & Forstchen.
It is a fictionalized account of George Washington's crossing of the Delaware and the battle that followed.

The book is historically accurate and adds dialogue to an event in our countries history that is too often overlooked. I enjoyed the book very much and recommend it if you are into American history.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I love their books, I've been a big fan. They take historical events and put a fictional "what if" on them to really make you think.

Their Pearl Harbor books are incredible. Remind me to let you borrow "One Second After" - you will love it. The others I have on Kindle - you can have them if you have the device ;)
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    No Kindle but I will take you up on your kind offer for the other book. I was intrigued by their style...and this book really fits with today's troubled times..
  • Fidel
    bring jerky. We can "swap jerky" and I'll give you the book to read. I have a few empty jars for Ginny too.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    How are you trading Kindle books?
    I have a daughter with one and I would like to trade books with her.
    Emil
  • Fidel
    I use the Calibre library manager to export .mobi files. Those are universal and can be emailed or downloaded onto any kindle.

It will also convert most any digital book type into a .mobi for the kindle. I use it to convert books from the Gutenberg library to the kindle.