Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Shank

DynaGreaseball
DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Took my grandchildren to the Ranaissance Festival this Fall. We all filled up on cotton candy, cakes and deep fried corn on the cob. But I seemed to have had just enough room left when we got to the BBQ vendor, to order a BBQ smoked pork shank. First time I ever had one, and it was cooked to perfection. Tasted just like our egg smoked pulled pork with a quality rub, but served as a nice, neat little, two-bone morsal (not pulled). I've never seen them in the grocery store. Anyone in here ever cook them? Anything special about doing them on the egg? The braised recipes I've found on the internet look good too, but thought it might be nice to smoke them for friends on my egg sometime...if I can make them taste as good as they were at the festival. Is the shank the same as the Picnic cut? TIA

Comments