Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless whole Turkey?

Options
BBQ BOY
BBQ BOY Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I ordered a whole turkey from a vendor and this morning I went to prep it for the Mad Max turkey recipe. I took it out of the package and noticed a rod running through it. Never seeing this before I pulled the rod out and the turkey fell completely apart. i sat there for an hour trying to figure out how to get it back together. I tied it up but that didn't work too well. I didn't know how to put the herbs, carrots, celery and all the other stuff in there because it had fallen apart. I turned it on its back and the turkey completely flopped open and that is when I realized that there wasn't a carcass. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!!! The legs were there but the wings are not. So what I have done is I turned the turkey on its back and just placed all the herbs and stuff where I thought the cavity may be. Then I had my wife pull the turkey together while I tied it up. It looks like crap. to help keep it in place I put in a V rack.
Another thing that irritated me was that there isn't any innards bag. WTH!!!!
We will just have to see how it turns out. I have no idea if the cook time will even be the same.

Comments