Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Eggcessories are a must

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,[p]I am trying to think of a nickname but I will figure that out later. I am going to buy a Large Egg tommorrow and a few accessories as well. I eventually plan to own every accessory made for the egg but to start I am on a limited budget right now. I want to build a really nice ceramic tile top stand for it and I have to get some landscaping done. Assuming I buy just the egg what accessories would you say are a "MUST HAVE" if I have about 75.00 to spend on accessories? I would love your opinions. I can't wait to get it and start cooking.[p]Name- TBD Soon

Comments

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    still trying to think of a nickname!!,
    Anything by Lawn Ranger.....!!!!

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Digital meat thermometer - ~$25[p]Platesetter - ~$26[p]Pizza stone - ~$25[p]These would get my vote for ~$75 of the things I most use.
  • still trying to think of a nickname!!,
    after careful consideration, I would suggest a digital meat themometer for 38.00 before anything else. 2nd would be the platesetter, and on what is left you can get some of DizzyPigs Rub. Just make sure to get the 38.00 dual probe remote by Redi Check from the GadjetSource.com that let's you know both when the dome temp goes below and / or above your set temp and at same time monitors the internal temp of your meat.

• still trying to think of a nickname!!,
    Well, first I get a nickname. Then I would go and buy some cheap firebricks and another rack. Next I would get an old fashioned dial type thermometer. [p]With all of the extra money I would buy beef and pork. Maybe some chicken, fish or duck billed platypus. As much as I could afford. You can always buy the fancier stuff when you have the money. [p]Brews
    Matt.[p]

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    digital therm, plate setter,are a must. The next stop is Dizzy Pig rubs and the personalized tools from Mike Schweitzer aka Lawn Ranger.....heres the link

• heres the link,
    www.lawnrangerbbq.com
    type it yourself.................LOL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    South O, to this list i may add a pair of welders gloves and use them until you are aquainted with flashbacks.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    still trying to think of a nickname!!, you're already getting the main accessory-the Egg. As for your nickname, try something witty and creative like me.

• captaincraigb
    Options
    place setter, and those welder gloves, Trex so much that i don't have much hair on either arm. dang good steaks though

• Toe 49,[p]What about Ash Tool, Grill Brush tool, Rib Rack?[p]

• AlterEGGo
    Options
    still trying to think of a nickname!!,[p]Are those tools he should buy or suggetstions for nicknames?[p]Paul
  • AlterEGGO,[p]Tools, but good idea for nickname now that you mention it.[p]

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    still trying to think of a nickname!!,[p]No one has mentioned a daisy wheel. It's used on top of the EGG to replace the green chimney cap during cooking. It's use is to control temps. very accurately. Is it included in your deal? If not, see if they will toss it in. If not, it will set you back about $40.00.
    I would not leave the dealer without this item. [p]As for the platesetter, pizza stone, etc...great items but not needed for your basic cooks. A platesetter can wait as I used four chimney bricks for two years before buying one. You can buy them at any brickyard for about a buck apiece. [p]Also, stop by your local Walmart or equivalent and pick up a second grate. You will need one for indirect cooks and low and slow cooks. It will be a lot cheaper this way then buying from your dealer. Welcome and good luck!! Mac

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    As evidenced by my lack of a nickname, that's not an issue.[p]When you say accessories...I trust you're getting the daisy wheel with the Egg. When everyone says "anything by Lawn Ranger" they generally mean grill lifter and an ash tool.[p]The plate setter and pizza stone are must have items..either now or in a few weeks.[p]Oh...a spare freezer for the meat you'll end up stocking up on is another thought![p]Congrats!

• PackerFan
    PackerFan Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks for all your help! I have decided on a nickname. Named after my favorite team of course. Appropriately the egg is Green. I can't wait to pick up egg tommorrow afternoon.[p]Kenny