Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak Lump

Options
AbqEgg'r
AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm paying $17.49 (+ tax)for "name brand" lump here in Albuquerque. I plan on checking with the True Value, but would also like to find a local provider of Royal Oak Lump. Does anybody have an email or snail-mail address for Royal Oak so I can find a local supplier?[p]Thanks, A~E[p]

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    AbqEgg'r,
    $17.49!!!! holy cow! I just ordered lump from True Value made by the same rascals at Royal Oak and only paid $8.29!
    Their stock number is 145607. Having been screwed once in your fine city by a major car dealership for a repair while vacationing I guess it wouldn't surprise me about the $17, but that's a blatant rip off! Good Luck. PS I'm about as new at this as you!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    AbqEgg'r,
    This is Royal Oak Enterprises, Inc's phone # 1-800-241-3955

• AbqEgg'r
    AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    Options
    RRP,
    Thanks for the info. We have one BGE dealer in town and they are grossly expensive. I've seen the retail price for a large egg quoted as $499-$549. I paid $615! Ouch, but what are you going to do?[p]A~E

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    AbqEgg'r,[p]I just spent last week on vaca in your fine city along with Sante Fe (great place and the reason I missed Eggfest 2K). Anyway, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I found a brand new BGE dealer right in my back yard after moving recently. Can you believe..... The big Egg, slide/daisy top and smallest table which looked like it was built by the semi-retired and semi woodworking skilled father of one of the employees offered as a package for $850??? If you want lump, a 20lb bag of BGE/Royal Oak was $17.95.[p]K~G

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    KennyG,
    Could you bring me a bag when pick up Mr. Big this weekend?
    RhumAndJerk

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    KennyG,
    Wait a minute. [p]There is a dealer in your back yard.
    What are the chances of a North Coast Eggfest?[p]RhumAndJerk