Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Commando day 22 Tasting Crimsongator very long

Hoss's BBQ
Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I had a dinner party last night and did Paella. Yesterday was day 21 for my Commando bone in ribeye. SO Gene AKA Crimsongator good not make it last night so he got the rain check with his family for tonight which was the night for my mom and I to try the ribeye for a taste comparision for christmas day which will be day 28 for the meat. Overall Gene and I did not see as much "darkening" of the flesh of the steaks. We both think this is due to the bones protecting the meat from one side and the fat from the other. Grilled the steaks to Medium rare. Gene made twiced baked taters that were awesome! Along with grill romaine hearts. Mom loved the steaks! Gene felt that the meat from Bobby's class had a stronger aged flavor. ( I think that was aged 28 days in the dry age bags) I grilled these at 500* on the small that Gene sold me while I was at Eggtoberfest. Man I love the small such a trooper!! Well here are the pics. Hoss
BoneinRibeyeday22001.jpg
BoneinRibeyeday22005.jpg
BoneinRibeyeday22007.jpg
BoneinRibeyeday22009.jpg
The other half for 28 day test!!
BoneinRibeyeday22010.jpg
BoneinRibeyeday22011.jpg
BoneinRibeyeday22016.jpg

Crimsongator!!!!!!!
BoneinRibeyeday22014.jpg

Comments