Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Elf Came From Jupiter!

Teach42
Teach42 Posts: 219
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had quite a surprise when I arrived home today, a care pack that arrived all the way from Jupiter.... Florida that is!

A huge thank you to Jupiter Jim for packing up a little bit of Florida and sending it up here to Chicago! Included were some delicious looking berry balsamic, some Pineapple Salsa, two Firewire Skewers, a sea shell, and the icing on the cake....... a fresh coconut!! My son was having a blast shaking it up and listening to the milk sloshing around inside. We'll have a good ol' time peeling it and cracking it open tomorrow.

Thanks a ton for sending some edible Florida sunshine our way!

4193589475_9bf63778d1_b.jpg

Comments

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Looks like you're gonna have fun trying some new stuff. thanks again for organizing the whole thing. It was a great experience!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Teach42,
    You’re quite welcome we had a great time putting it together.
    We use the balsamic on grilled Romaine lettuce and if you have never tried grilled Romaine it is a must, took me two years to try it and now it is a regular for us.
    There are three holes that will look like a Monkey’s face on the nut itself one of them will be soft and you can stick a round shank screwdriver into it and get the milk out from that hole. It will look like water and is good to drink. I have been collecting Coconuts since I was a little boy and they still fascinate me to this day. At one time I would plant the nuts in the ground and pots and had over 60 sprout and grow into trees.
    If you ever want more just let me know I will send you more.
    Glad you liked your goodies,
    Merry Christmas Jim and Kay

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Good haul Teach. ;) All went very well. I sure did enjoy watching everyone get there stuff and commenting. I hope we do it again next year. Tim
  • Teach42
    Teach42 Posts: 219
    Thanks for the tips on the coconut! Looking forward to doing that today.

And would NEVER have thought to put the balsamic on grilled romaine. I've made that twice, and am dying to do it again. Great idea to kick it up a notch.

Thanks for the offer to send more coconuts :) May take you up on that someday.

BTW, going to a White Elephant party tomorrow night. Host's name? Kaufman. Just might have to break out Grandma Kaufman's Salsa for it!