Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Briskets on

Options
ViennaJack
ViennaJack Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Again many thanks for the brisket advice earlier this week. The briskets went on at 12:30 today, one per Egg. I didn't have time to procure or fabricate a suitable extra rack to fit both of these on one Egg.

The Eggs are coming up to temp and the bad smoke is clearing:

IMG_0883.jpg

The briskets, after spending the night in rub:

IMG_0887.jpg

I'll post some pics tomorrow when they are ready.

Comments

• ViennaJack
    Options
    Oh, and my Stoker is Tweeting the cook at http://twitter.com/viennabbq, if you enjoy things like watching grass grow or paint dry be sure to check it out.
  • EggMii
    EggMii Posts: 30
    Options
    Good looking cook. I'm interested in seeing more about your Stoker setup. How long and what type cables are you using to extend the range?

Mark
  • ViennaJack
    Options
    Hey Mark,

The Stoker is on a little table just inside my sliding deck door and the Eggs are outside on the deck. I'm using 25' "Stereo Headphone Extension Cords" from RadioShack, two per Egg. One cable per Egg is dedicated to the blower, and the other is terminated with a headphone splitter that connects to both the pit and the food probes. It is possible to put all three devices on one cable but the voltage drop that occurs when the blower comes on will cause a deviation in the temperature reading from the probes.

Jack