Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Is Fun, Pizza Is Easy, Pizza Is Good, Pizza Is Your Friend

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, Qbabe got me going on trying my own pizza. So far I've been buying unbaked pies from a good pizza joint down the road, but I haven't made my own crust and sauce etc., so I had the baking part down, just not the making part. (Warning, I have had 2 beers tonight. Yep, 2! You wouldn't recognize me, I'm so witty and funny and clever tonight!)[p]I made the dough using a recipe from my bread machine's cook book, only substituting 1/2 C of cornmeal for 1/2 C of flour. Turned out real well. Then I made two pizzas:
1) Fontina cheese, apple slices, chicken and carmelized onions
2) Home made chunky tomato sauce, Ile De France Herb goat cheese, chicken and fresh oregano.[p]Number 1 was ok, but it was missing something. I think more apples would help. My wife said it would be good with chicken. I had to show her the chicken. Doh! Why do I even try? [p]Number 2 was really good. I plan to add the recipe for the dough and the sauce to my website later, if anyone is interested.[p]Meanwhile, the wife is cursing about cleaning up. Let's see, the cutting board I shaped the dough on, the cutting board I put the pizza on to cut it, the two peals, the pot for the sauce, the pan for the chicken, the pan to carmelize the onions, the cutting board for all the cutting and chopping, several assorted utensils and the 3 knives I used. She wants to know if I get a bigger kitchen will I make bigger messes? I don't think so. I think it will be the same mess only spread out more. God, I think I'm starting to post like Stumpbaby. I'd better go take a nap before the Oscars......[p]TNW[p]P.S. It's been a rough day. I brought the extension ladder into the house to go up to the tip top part of our A frame to get the cobwebs off the beam. Then we used it to do some painting. Then I put it away. The the wife started messing with the vertical blinds on the big windows that are about 13 feet off the floor and the blinds started to come lose and swing away from the window, so I had to go back and get the extension ladder back out and into the living room and.......

The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    We look forward all week to Fridays - not just because it's the start of the weekend, but because Fridays are PIZZA NIGHT! This week I made our crust with whole wheat flour and we really like it. This was a small concession to trying to cut some carbs from out diet, and the flavor was great. I think all our pies will have whole wheat crust from now on.

• ToyCollector
    Options
    Re: "She wants to know if I get a bigger kitchen will I make bigger messes? I don't think so. "[p]The Naked Whiz,[p]You are correct. Only more pots, pans, and utensils can do that. :-D
  • GypsyJon
    Options
    How in the heck do you get the pizza from the pan you make it on, onto a 500F stone?????

My first attempt stuck to the pan, then flopped over on the stone.... :(