Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature Boy's Rack of Lamb

Options
CaptainSpaulding
CaptainSpaulding Posts: 368
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Didn't snap any pics because dinner time was a mad flash, but we had two racks of lamb from Costco that I picked up on Friday and cooked per Chris' recipe.

Marinated the racks in a ziplock with some olive oil, soy sauce and dry sherry for about an hour while getting the Large up to inferno temps. Well, almost, I throttled her back at 650º.

Made a cabernet sauce a la Outback Rack. Going to have to work on that one. It wound up a bit saltier than I wanted. Note to self, salt after reducing and tasting. Oops! Still not bad for a first attempt.

Served with Sauteed Baby Spinach, Onions and Garlic and Roasted Red Potato Wedges, Sweet Onion Chunks and Quartered Mushrooms.

Thumbs up all around. Simple cook on the Racks. Pulled out of the marinade and dried them off. Liberal coating of Redeye Express and seared 2 minutes per side and finished in the oven at 350º to an internal of 130º.

Love those lamb lollipops!

For anyone that hasn't tried this recipe the link to Dizzy Pig's Recipe is Here:

Dizzy Pig Rack of Lamb Recipe - Chris Capell

Cheers,

Joe

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed Joe. I cooked some of these over in Holland this weekend and they went over well. Thanks for the post!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    My pleasure, Chris.

I just watched the episode of BBQ Pit Masters on Murphysboro that I DVR'ed after missing its original airdate. Great to see you out there cooking late night hog in Lee Ann's pit.

Thanks for your excellent products, too. I just restocked on Dizzy Dust and a couple other rubs. My kids love the Pineapple Head. It's my secret ingredient in Sauteed Spinach, now, as well as on Roasted Acorn squash.

Was that Holland, Michigan? You sure do get around, brother!

Keep up the great work!

Joe
  • EgginDawg
    Options
    My son Chris and I watched it last night and we're proud to admit that we've met this TV star. Love the rubs! :laugh: :) :woohoo: