Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging in the Cold (-25C)

Tony S.
Tony S. Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, before I bought the Egg I asked if it could be used in the cold, since I live in Manitoba. I was assured that it could. So, today it was -25C and then with windchill -34C. I decided to try it out.

Fired it up and let it heat for 30 minutes. Threw on the steaks. They were yummy.

IMG_7994.JPG

IMG_7992.JPG
Manitoba, Canada Large BGE

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Too cold for me but the egg doesn't care :ohmy: Nice deck
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice job!! Booze is good..nice deck too!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Tony, Nice looking steaks. I can't help but think that it is cold up there. You must have a lot of children up there! :) :laugh: :woohoo:
  • I didn't know that it got that cold---brrrrrr, but the steaks look great..
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Way to go Tony ;)

It just don't much matter what temp it is. :whistle:
  • johnrezz
    johnrezz Posts: 120
    I know how you feel, I live in the Mountains of Colorado and it has been in the -20's for the past two weeks, I have cooked several Pizza's a few steaks and abeer but chicken. I have not done a long smoke in those temps simply because I dont want to deal with it but I imagine as long as the wind is calm it would work fine......

the only thing I do different is when I load Pizza in I try to only open the lid about 2" or so. I find if I prop the lid up in that cold of temp it cools the dome down and takes about 5 min to get back up to temp....