Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frozen meat on the egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone here ever bought and cooked those frozen chicken breast at your local wholesale club and cooked them on the egg? on a regular grill they come out really juisy if you put them on frozen , My question is, can you do this with the egg as well? I know fresh chicken is always better but I was wondering about these and those frozen chicken breast of fish as well.

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Davis K,
    I always buy the frozen boneless chicken breast and frozen catfish filets. I have never put them on frozen, so I don't know if they would be more juicy or not. I always thaw out and usually marinate, or coat with a rub. Ever since I started using the egg, they have always come out juicy and tender. We also thaw out our fish.[p]~nikki

• Blaze
    Blaze Posts: 32
    Options
    Davis K,
    I don't really know about the frozen chicken breast, but for a quick meal it should be easy. I do reguarly use the frozen Tyson Chicken Wings. They are quick and easy, I usually wash the glaze off, dust with seasonings and let stand in the fridge for a couple of hours though. If you like em' on a grill, I don't see any reason you won't luv em' on da' egg.[p]Now about the fish with the frozen chicken breast, I'm not really sure what to say about that. I did see that three headed cow at the State Fair one year. There's a fellar round' here what goes by da name Stumpbaby. Something tells me he might know about fish what's frozen and gots breast like a chicken.[p]JK ;-)[p]Later [p]Blaze

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Blaze,
    Why do you wash the glaze offa the wings? If you want them plain, why not just buy the unseasoned kind?[p]~nikki

• Blaze
    Blaze Posts: 32
    Options
    nikkig,[p]These are the unseasoned kind, the glaze I'm referring to is from where they flash-freeze the chicken, not a glaze you apply to a tenderloin before pulling off the egg :-) I'm assuming so it will last longer and stay fresher being frozen. It still has little chunks of ice on it to so I just rinse and dry. [p]Later [p]Blaze
  • nikkig,
    Gitcha, thats what Im want n to know Wish I knew what to do with this here big ol coleman grill that I dont use any more..