Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introduction

Options
Toy Man
Toy Man Posts: 416
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been lurking here several weeks and thought I would introduce myself.[p]Local - Beaverton, Oregon.
Age - Certified old fart.[p]After years of trying to cook decent BBQ on various brands and types of smokers/cookers/grills I finally purchased large egg last week.[p]I think I'm in love. Absolutly amazing how easy it is to set and maintain a temp. Did a hamburger for my first fire the other night just to make sure I understood what I was doing. No problems. For my second cook I have a rack of baby back pork ribs on the grid running at 230. Will probably take them off after 4 - 4 1/4 hours.[p]Great forum[p]**** - Toy Man

Comments

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    Welcome Toy Man, The Egg could be the ultimate toy. Man I love Oregon. I fished the Deschutes in 98 and 01. Heaven on earth. I can't wait to get back up there.

• BunkyRub
    Options
    Toy Man,
    Welcome to the club! I bought my BGE in December and feel it is one of the best purchases of any type that I have ever made. Still learning all of the ins and out, but having a ball.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Toy Man,[p]I think we all "FOUND" the egg and have had similar eggxperiences. I'll cooking lamb chops tonight! Mmm, Mmm, good![p]Smokey
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Toy Man,[p]Welcome to the family...! You're probably as far away as they get from me, here in N. Florida (except for the fellow in Alaska), but I'm itching to visit your neck of the woods sometime. Our family has 5 acres on Camino Island and one day, we plan to go out and visit the area.[p]The egg is an incredible thing...we got our first one a couple years ago and now have the mini, small, medium and large. Every weekend, we decide what we're cooking and the things that come off the egg provide "instant" meals for us throughout the egg, thanks to our foodsaver.[p]Welcome!
    Tonia
    :~)

• Lumpy Bob
    Options
    Toy Man,
    Welcome to the website. Great to know there is another Oregonian that can enjoy the great Egg experience.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Toy Man,
    Welcome to the forum, you're in for lots of fun. Be sure to ask your questions here and don't go by the book. If you don't know about the Flashback potential follow the link, you need to be aware of this.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz/Flashback[/ul]