Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Screen Help!

Options
Kip
Kip Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, so I bought them. Now I have no idea how to use them. Same cornmeal on the peel then onto the screen? Same 550 degrees? Any help would be appreciated.[p]Thanks,[p]Kip

Comments

• disabledFlyfish
    Options
    Kip,
    jUST ROLL THEM OUT ON SOME PARCHMENT PAPER OR WAX PAPER. OR SIMILAR MATERIAL . lAY THE SCREEN RIGHT ON TOP AND FLIP OVER. YOU DON'T NEED ANY CORNMEAL. PUT YOUR FIXINGS ON DOUGH AND PLACE THE SCREEN DIRECTLY ON YOUR PIZZA STONE

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Kip,
    When you shape your pizza dough, you should be able to just plop it down onto the screen, build the pie and then pop it into the Egg. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • usa doug
    Options
    Flyfish,
    I use the screen as a guide to help me in making a nice round dough crust.
    I spray the screen with a little Pam.
    Lay the dough on the screen and load it up with stuff and place on the pizza stone.

• Kip,[p]I put cornmeal on the peel, form the pizza on the peel and slide it onto the stone. Let it cook for 6 - 8 minutes. If the crust is getting to where I want it but the toppings are not quite there yet, I lift the edge of the pizza and slide the screen under. This gets you a few extra minutes of cooking time so that the crust does not burn and the cheese gets a chance to melt.[p]Dan