Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

all clad slow cooker

Options
otisdog
otisdog Posts: 187
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Thinking about getting the all-clad slow cooker with ceramic insert. Anybody got one? Is it that much better?

Thanks

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Ed,

You already have the best slow cooker made and it's all ceramic. B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    for the price off the allclad electric, i would be looking for a 7 quart lecrueset dutch :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Wallmart has some ceramic cast iron pots that are under $30.

Like this for $18.
    chili1.jpg

or this 16 qt for $26
    eggcioppinoa.jpg

Both are great for use in the egg or on the stove.

Le Crueset are nice though.

As far as the all clad, mini BGE's are really nice.

GG
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I have tha All-Clad slow cooker with the metal insert..It is a magnificent machine! It's great for browning meats before cooking. No need to dirty another pot. HOWEVER...If I had it to do over, I'd get the ceramic insert. Save the extra money and wash the extra pot ;) Either one you get, you will never regret it. :) Yes, they are much better than an average slow cooker. Great ,even cooking, wonderful temp. control and it automaticaly keeps food warm when the cooking cycle is done. You can go away for 2 days and have warm food when you get back. Amazing.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I have the one with ceramic insert. As already stated, the benefit of the pricier one with the metal insert is being able to brown meats before adding all the juices. I love mine though. I got it for christmas 2 years ago and have enjoyed it. I have an All-Clad cooking set as well. They make some heavy duty stuff.